New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    These are the times when have a pellet gun in the car would make life more enjoyable.
    I wouldn't go that far. But, maybe they wouldn't be so smug if they got acquainted with the grill of the car while they're splattered on the road.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir zipper, may nakita din me parang ganyan:

I stopped in front of a parking exit to let an 80's model car driven by a kindly-looking old man (mga 50s siguro) through. Nag-stop lang ako kasi mukha syang mabait and di sya nakakasingit tsaka di naman me nagmamadali.

Suddenly, may dumaan na scooter w/ 2 riders sa tabi ko nag-counterflow. The old man saw him and nag-sudden brake. Yung mga ogag, sa sobrang katangahan, actually cut toward the old man and dumaplis yung calf ng rider sa likod sa bumper ni old man. Pero parang walang nangyari, tumuloy lang.

Since di sila huminto, umabante na si old man paliko. Before I could get going, aba, eto yung mga ogags nag-u-turn and hinabol si old man, galit na galit sila.

Umikot din me kasi napikon me sa kanila, pati bro ko sa tabi ko. Bigay namin ng support si old man, kasi mukhang kawawa naman sya sa mga kups na yon. We saw them stop a few meters ahead and....

Nakita namin namumutla yung 2 ogags... off-duty police pala si old man! Ngwehehe... old man recognized our car and gave a wave (Parang saying sya na bahala). Ahahahaha! Tawa kami ng tawa ni bro... kulong sana mga buysit... :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Sir zipper, may nakita din me parang ganyan:

I stopped in front of a parking exit to let an 80's model car driven by a kindly-looking old man (mga 50s siguro) through. Nag-stop lang ako kasi mukha syang mabait and di sya nakakasingit tsaka di naman me nagmamadali.

Suddenly, may dumaan na scooter w/ 2 riders sa tabi ko nag-counterflow. The old man saw him and nag-sudden brake. Yung mga ogag, sa sobrang katangahan, actually cut toward the old man and dumaplis yung calf ng rider sa likod sa bumper ni old man. Pero parang walang nangyari, tumuloy lang.

Since di sila huminto, umabante na si old man paliko. Before I could get going, aba, eto yung mga ogags nag-u-turn and hinabol si old man, galit na galit sila.

Umikot din me kasi napikon me sa kanila, pati bro ko sa tabi ko. Bigay namin ng support si old man, kasi mukhang kawawa naman sya sa mga kups na yon. We saw them stop a few meters ahead and....

Nakita namin namumutla yung 2 ogags... off-duty police pala si old man! Ngwehehe... old man recognized our car and gave a wave (Parang saying sya na bahala). Ahahahaha! Tawa kami ng tawa ni bro... kulong sana mga buysit... :bwahaha:
    ===============================================

Haha! Priceless! Wish I was there to see the look on their faces.

Pero to be honest, I think the current situation will only get worse. I notice na more and more teen "gangs" have purchased scooters... usually tumatambay sila sa mga gasolinahan.

If they all knew how to respect the road, I wouldn't have any problem with them. Pero i guess that's obviously not the case...

Oh well, Ingat na lang tayo lahat.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sigh... I really dig motorbikes (never ride but i admire those) and even dream of acquiring a BMW 1200 GS someday (gotta love those long out-of-town rides i see)... but those type of riders really make things bad and add a lot of tension between car drivers and motorbike riders.

Just last week i really lost it on my way home after a long day at work. This noisemaker scooter cut me off badly (i had to avoid him and hit the curbside on Makati Ave near UCPB... taena nagasgas yung rim ng car ko when i checked it later on); I blared my horn at him, he takes a long stare at me then speeds off. But then traffic went green and i saw an opening so i really went after him, he did a hard left turn to Paseo de Roxas from Makati Ave but i caught up with him and blocked him, making him slide onto the flower box on the sidewalk (near where the MAPSA boys hang out to look for coding cars). As i was going down from the car (traffic stopped and was watching already... and the MAPSA boys were nowhere in sight) he quickly mounts his bike and sped away on the sidewalk, going the other way.

I normally have a long patience for these things but some are just too much... maangas talaga.

Beep beep nalang sa mga marunong at madiskarteng biker dyan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone selling paintball gun modification kits for automotive installation? Preferably with laser-sights. I might even settle for full auto airsoft gun kits.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    specialty pa nila yung cutting you inches away lang from your car, tapos pag binusinahan mo sila pa galit!tsk..tskk..joke ko nga sa wife ko they teach them that in 'scooter' school kasi almost everyday i encounter the same behavior

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    akala siguro ng mga bagets na rider eh isang malaking race track ang mga kalye natin. most of the underbone and scooter riders don't even know common road courtesy. i used to own a bike pero i don't drive like a bat out of hell.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung isa kong barkada...naka-park sasakyan nya sa me antipolo yung front ng sasakyan nya (fuego pick up) ang nasa me kalsada and waiting for his wife na bumibili ng mineral water sa 7-11, magyoyosi daw muna sana sya sa labas ng sasakyan, tapos kapipindot lang nya nung alarm nya tapos....KABRANNNNGGGG....me na-inlove daw na teenager na naka-scooter dun sa bull bar nya.......halos halikan daw yung bullbar nya...harahrharahr ang matindi non eh galit pa raw sa kanya yung loko....bakit daw don sya nag-park....ayun, nasapak tuloy si loko at nabitbit sa presinto ng pulis.....ang matindi non eh wala namang pambayad sa damage na nagawa nya si loko....tapos nagmamakaawa na nautusan daw lang sya na magdeliver ng pagkain sa bayaw nya....

hayyy ewan ko ba....pero nagmuntikanan na rin ako sa mga ganyan dyan sa mandaluyong area....pag mahina pasensya mo eh makakapatay ka sa galit ng wala sa oras......

me mga tropa naman ako na very responsible kapag yung bike nila ang gamit nila sa daan.... in fact eh me dirt bike din nman ako..at di ako ganon magpatakbo sa kalsada......

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think the biggest reason a lot of people ride their bikes recklessly is because they can't differenciate between a motorbike and a pedal bike. Most people ride their motorbikes just like they did their old pedal bikes. Probably why they disregard the rules of the road and some use the sidewalks.
    I drive cars and have been riding bikes for 12 years. I prefer riding though. Since coming here, I have bought an underbone bike to use while I get used to the conditions on the roads in this country. Bikers need to learn to ride their bikes like they would drive their cars. Meaning they should stay in their lane and follow the average speed of cars on the road and follow the same rules as cars. In other countries, motorbikes have the same rights as any other 4 wheeled vehicle on the road and should be treated the same way. If the biker is at fault in an accident then the law should hold him accountable for any damage. Who is the genious politician who said car drivers are at fault if they are involved in an accident with a motorbike. That's just nuts! They should investigate first.

For me the biggest problem I have noticed with the Filipino riding public is that they love to lane split. Generally motorbikes should only be allowed to pass in between cars if traffic is at a stop or is moving less than 20 kph in a straight line. That's how it is done in foreign countries. Lane splitting is the cause of most motorcycle accidents. Car drivers don't see the rider and accidentally swerve into them. Filipino drivers love to swerve from what I noticed on the roads. They do it without signalling. If only traffic rules were strictly enforced in this country then maybe problems with reckless drivers and riders would be greatly diminished.

Since coming to this country I have noticed a big difference in the road conditions here than those abroad. The Philippines trully has one of the worst road conditions on the planet. Filipino drivers are great in handling their vehicles(better than most foreigners) but sadly they don't follow the common rules and regulations on the road. Since buying my bike, I have been involved in 3 accidents. All involving jeepneys. Its amazing how reckless these public vehicle drivers are on the roads.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    madami din akong masasamang experiences sa ganyan..pero walang magawa kailangan tayo mag co-exist sa kalye..nakakainis lang kasi yung iba ang yabang pa eh...pasencya na baka may umaway sakin..nagkataon lang hindi maganda naging experience ko sa kanila..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
d*mn kids on scooters!!