New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fellow tsikoteers, kindly avoid generalizing as the other side will just do the same. I use my signal lights both on my car and my bike. Let us promote a harmonious co-existence.

Just to share another BS story of lane cutting....

http://motorcycleasia.com/forums/sho...240#post155240

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just to share with you another bikers brotherhood story and how fun they could be

http://motorcycleasia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7986

Mods,

Sorry for the OT, I just wanted both sides to see the other side of the fence. I also post links to MC forums about your discussion here so there will be more respect.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    eto nakipaghabulan sa kotse kahit malayo pa kita na nya na papasok na yung kotse sa parking lot.

sa presinto gusto nung erpats nung bike rider pagawa ko motor nya, sagutin ko medical expenses, and bigyan ko ng school allowance yung bata for 1 week. sabi ko willing ako sagutin 1/2 ng medical bill but that's not an admission of guilt on my part. sabi ng pulis nung kaming dalawa na lang "mayaman ka siguro no? bat mo tutulungan sa medical expenses e di naman ikaw me kasalanan?"

next time na nagkita kami nung erpats sa presinto sabi ko "binabawi ko na ho yung offer ko na tulong. in fact ako ho maniningil sa inyo kase based sa police report at sa pics na nakuha sa scene of accident, ako ho ang me right of way. saka wala hong rehistro yang motor ng anak nyo."

tameme yung erpats. e kung tinanggap ba nya yung una kong offer e di me pera pa syang konti hehe. napawash over tuloy ako ng di oras.

btw, nagmomotor din ako before pero di ako kups magmaneho. mahal ko buhay ko bwehehe.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    filipino style driving or american style driving... when you drove in the phils and back in the US and vice versa... was, is it culture or discipline? when a biker makes irrational lane changes, is it because he is reckless or is it because he percieves he is seen by the car all the time? or is it because he has not driven a car to experience what most motorist deem irrational lane changes? or it is because the philippines do not have a bike/motorcyle lane compared to most streets in the US? like spitting? if one spits on the streets of the US and other people saw it, its rude. but in china, it perfectly normal. in ancient times, people spit on the hands and shake hands to acknowledge confirmation of a deal. is it culture or discipline?
    I don't think you read and understood my first post. I said Lane Splitting not lane spitting... LOL!
    Pls. read the following websites so you will know what lane splitting is.
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inju...orcycle51.html
    http://www.kcra.com/traffic/4727628/detail.html.
    http://www.msgroup.org/forums/mtt/to...?TOPIC_ID=1659
    Note that they say it should only be done in slow moving or stopped traffic. Which is why Im amazed at how fast bikers here in the Philippines do it. It is just not safe.

If you drove or rode in the U.S. and do irrational lane changes or just change lanes like you are racing in a race track then the cops will pull you over and fine you for reckless driving. If the Philippines adopted the same strict enforcement then traffic/driving conditions would improve in the span of a few years.

In my experience there are very few motorcycle lanes being implemented in the different states in the U.S. Law makers there are smart enough to know that as long as the bike can keep up with the average speed limit on the roads and the rider is wearing a helmet and some recommended safety gears then it really doesn't matter whether it is a scooter or a sport bike. Its not the vehicle its the driver. Its all about following the rules. Because drivers are more disciplined in the U.S.(thanks to law enforcement) there is little need to segregate drivers and bikers. They all follow the rules most of the time. Unlike here, where bikers are widely discriminated. Just because the car is bigger and faster than the bike doesn't give the driver the right to force the rider off the road. Especially a rider that is following the rules and sticking to his lane like he would if he was driving a car.

Law makers here should really change the stupid rule that "when you hit a jay walker, biker, etc. then its automatically the car drivers fault". That's one rule in this country I find very stupid... If it is proven to be the fault of the jay walker, biker, etc. then the car driver shouldn't be obligated to pay anything.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dehadista - happened to me also, it was about 10pm no other cars on the street, was about to turn left then suddenly may scooter with 3 people on board so I stepped on the brakes to avoid him, nag dirty finger pa. So the what I did was to followed him he was trying to speed up and I cannot see already the rear lights of the scooter because I was too near the scooter, he made a left turn but could not make it na hulog sila sa road with mud on the side, I stopped and asked who made the dirty finger, he was running away full speed so I went into reverse to catch the stupid rider and when I caught him I was about to get down and break his fingers he said that he is very sorry and would not repeat what he did. meanwhile the two other riders was trying to pick up their motorcycle from about knee deep mud!

I did not want these thing to happen but they think that they are always correct, what if I did not see them and na bangga nila ang sasakyan? T.Y. na lang?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Buti pa yung mga bumbay riders noong araw. Kahit walang helmet at naka sakay ng patagilid yung mga misis nila sa likod, ma ingat sila at safe na safe ang driving. Wala akong reklamo.

I don't want to be mean, but i smirked when I saw the photo above. Inisip ko " HA!! PWNED!!!" I can't help it.

I've been to extremes: I've experienced the traffic in India/Phil and Japan/US. When I went to New Delhi, mas expert sa gitgitan yung mga tao dun! Dun lang ako naka kita na halos 90% ng kotse sa daan walang side mirror. Either nabali na, or naka sabit na lang. The traffic there is probably 5 times worse than here. Then again, we're probably close to India. Or maybe we're worse. Kase even if grabe ang gitgitan dun, I noticed they never pass/beat a red light. Dito, minsan bubusinahan ka pa ng mga ogags sa likod mo pag di ka umabante kahit naka red light pa. Lalo na yung mga taxi, di sumusunod sa traffic light yang mga kupal na yan. Muntik nakong sumalpok sa isang taxi nung di nya sinunod yung RED light tapos naka GREEN kami nun. Pasalamat sya wala akong ma ibato sa kanya. Pero gigil na gigil ako nun, buhay ko na at stake sa katangahan nya.

Sa Japan isa lang masasabi ko, pag ang schedule ng bus dadating ng 3:42, dadating yun ng 3:42. Not 3:41 or 3:42. They are NEVER late or early. That says a lot already.

When will the government/LTO ever turn its ugly head. I guess that day will never come.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    Just to share with you another bikers brotherhood story and how fun they could be

http://motorcycleasia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7986

Mods,

Sorry for the OT, I just wanted both sides to see the other side of the fence. I also post links to MC forums about your discussion here so there will be more respect.
    tanong lang, di ko pa alam ano ibig sabihin "OT"?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
    tanong lang, di ko pa alam ano ibig sabihin "OT"?
    :offtopic:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    :offtopic:
    salamat silverbx986.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    anytime, fast eddie. OOppss, OT na tayo :bwahaha:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
d*mn kids on scooters!!