New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    This will be really really really really really bad as coming from experience of being affected by the first Skyway construction and Skyway Stage 2, commuting from Manila to the South has really been one of the most hated experiences of my life.
    And since the first Skyway has been built a decade ago and the volume of cars, trucks, buses & motorcycles has been out of control over the years.
    Here are 10 Reasons why it would be the apocalypse for motorists:

1. There will be construction accidents, and it will happen given the accidents I've witnessed.
    2. It won't be finished on time (who knows anything can delay it)
    3. Get ready for more road rage incidents, hoping no one would get shot.
    4. Lots of cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles(I wish...) will be breaking down due to the long traffic jams causing more traffic jams.
    5. Flooding? Construction debris(sand, cement) and drainages don't mix.
    6. The first and second skyway only affected SLEX (a 6 lane tollway), Stage 3 would be affecting multiple main thoroughfares, roads, avenues, etc....
    7. Typhoons wrecking havoc on the Construction Site/Equipment, the cranes would fly off like twigs.
    8. If the project becomes over budget or other financial reason for delay.
    9. When politics intervene (bound to happen :P)
    10. And when more NEW vehicles add to the traffic (Manila please start a Car Scrapping / Recycling Program like Malaysia or Singapore)

Bonus: Earthquake, seeing that even Japan's Earthquake Proof Elevated Expressways can buckle I'm not discounting Skyway...

On the brightside, Los Angeles has nothing on Manila's Carmaggedon.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Valid point captain obvious.

I agree on the traffic and chaos it will cause, still Metro Manila need this linkage.

And for me? After skyway 3 is done? I think its all worth it.

Give the government a break.

Pag walang ginagawa may sinasabi tayo, pag may ginagawa may sinasabi pa din.

Saan nga naman sila lulugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Skyway : above ground

Tunnel : below ground

saan mo mas gusto mag drive?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    bakit kaya di nalang mag expand sa east of luzon/metro manila??? ang dami un-used na lupa duon, ang prob is lack of roads...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Valid point captain obvious.

I agree on the traffic and chaos it will cause, still Metro Manila need this linkage.

And for me? After skyway 3 is done? I think its all worth it.

Give the government a break.

Pag walang ginagawa may sinasabi tayo, pag may ginagawa may sinasabi pa din.

Saan nga naman sila lulugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen to this.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I dont think it will be that bad, I live in Bicutan and have been through the making of Skyway stage 1 and stage 2, it wasnt that bad. Drivers will adjust.

The biggest headache though is when other drivers like to make singit at the last moment tapos nde nagbibigayan mga driver.

You get what you give. That is the price of development, look at all the elevated roads in HK, JP and other countries, the benefits will come soon enough.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    This will be really really really really really bad as coming from experience of being affected by the first Skyway construction and Skyway Stage 2, commuting from Manila to the South has really been one of the most hated experiences of my life.
    And since the first Skyway has been built a decade ago and the volume of cars, trucks, buses & motorcycles has been out of control over the years.
    Here are 10 Reasons why it would be the apocalypse for motorists:

1. There will be construction accidents, and it will happen given the accidents I've witnessed.
    2. It won't be finished on time (who knows anything can delay it)
    3. Get ready for more road rage incidents, hoping no one would get shot.
    4. Lots of cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles(I wish...) will be breaking down due to the long traffic jams causing more traffic jams.
    5. Flooding? Construction debris(sand, cement) and drainages don't mix.
    6. The first and second skyway only affected SLEX (a 6 lane tollway), Stage 3 would be affecting multiple main thoroughfares, roads, avenues, etc....
    7. Typhoons wrecking havoc on the Construction Site/Equipment, the cranes would fly off like twigs.
    8. If the project becomes over budget or other financial reason for delay.
    9. When politics intervene (bound to happen :P)
    10. And when more NEW vehicles add to the traffic (Manila please start a Car Scrapping / Recycling Program like Malaysia or Singapore)

Bonus: Earthquake, seeing that even Japan's Earthquake Proof Elevated Expressways can buckle I'm not discounting Skyway...

On the brightside, Los Angeles has nothing on Manila's Carmaggedon.
    Feeling generous with cliches...

1. It's a bitter pill we have to swallow
    2. It will get worse before it gets better
    3. If not now, when?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OA! Pwe!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

#retzing

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Dwelling too much on the rough side of things. Really cannot expect anything but for the project to finish. Hopefully accidents will be reduced to a minimum.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gusto yata parang sim city. Instant coffee mga projects. Overnight lang tapos na.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

#retzing

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast