New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Sa mga nag sasabi ng "Subukan niyo mag drive ng Motor...", ano kaya kung sabihan kayo ng jeep na "Subukan niyo mag drive ng Jeep", o kaya "Subukan niyo mag drive ng Kalesa...", o Kaya "Subukan niyo mag drive na Pedicab?", o kaya "Subukan niyo mag drive ng Taxi?", o kaya "Subukan niyong mag lakad ng Hubad?" Di ba kayo mababadtrip?
    Nakasubok din ako ng matagal tagal, from BMX, moutnain bike, road bike, tmx motorcycle, enduro, bigbike, 50cc scooter, 100cc scooter, 150cc scooter, 250cc scooter, 500cc scooter, kia pride, mitsu galant, mini truck (elf), 10 wheeler ng tito (Baguio-Bataan), estrada, SUVs, jeepney namin, taxi namin, tricycle ng barkada .... hmmmm ..... nasa driver/rider lang talaga yan, wala sa "RISK" .... pero kalesa nde pa ... hmmm ... masubukan nga.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    I cruise my Majesty scooter at the expressways (NLEX and SLEX), I sometimes cruise at about 140kph or more, wala naman problema sa mga cages na nakakasabay ko, only along those traffic Jams na ang daming tarantado na cagers pilit pang sumingit, hindi na nga kasya. And about the blind spot, kung brumbado ka na cage driver (like not using signal lights or with those stupid blue light indicators), talagang makakaaksidente ka ng either motor o kapwa cage mo. I seldom use my SUV, its crazy and a waste of time sitting in the middle of a slow moving traffic that's why I ride my scooter.
    Dumaan na din ako NLEX on my scooter, 125kph 3/4 throttle, ok naman basta tamang disiplina ang kailangan para safe Baguio-Manila-Baguio.

Our cage is often parked inside our garage, I seldome use it, same as Majesty's post, I don't wanna waste my time stuck in traffic, here in Baguio, traffic is getting bad too. Riding around on my motorcycle is much relaxing and time saving.
    Last edited by Wolver888; April 6th, 2005 at 12:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Am just being realistic... In our country we can't expect other drivers to give way so we have to be extra alert when we drive. Private or Pubic there will be always drivers who lack a decipline and common sense, be alert, be safe, drive sensibly specially the MC drivers since they have more at stake.

I agree with you that this is the reality, but that does'nt mean that it has to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by see16
    but that does'nt mean that it has to stay that way.
    Hey who doesn't? But in our country it hopeless, teaching Filipinos how to drive is like teaching a dog how to talk.

Wolver888: :lol:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolver888
    Nakasubok din ako ng matagal tagal, from BMX, moutnain bike, road bike, tmx motorcycle, enduro, bigbike, 50cc scooter, 100cc scooter, 150cc scooter, 250cc scooter, 500cc scooter, kia pride, mitsu galant, mini truck (elf), 10 wheeler ng tito (Baguio-Bataan), estrada, SUVs, jeepney namin, taxi namin, tricycle ng barkada .... hmmmm ..... nasa driver/rider lang talaga yan, wala sa "RISK" ....
    accidents happen... it doesn't matter if you are a good driver / rider.

if you are riding a car and gets nudged from behind by a sleepy driver... you can escape with just a dent in your bumper... but what happens when you happen to be riding a motorcycle?

an unavoidable head-on collission between a car & a motorcycle.... where would you want to be?

ILD is just pointing out that riding in motorcycles carries a bigger risk than a car as your body is exposed to outside elements & potential danger.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    ........... but what happens when you happen to be riding a motorcycle? ....
    That's where DEFENSIVE RIDER comes in, watching my side mirrors, I'm able to see/sense a cager behind/infront of me on how its behaving. I usually let moron cagers pass by.;)

One example, one time at night (where most drunk and moron cage drivers goes out), cruising on my scooter at 70kph, with the use of my side mirrors, I see a cage overtaking some taxis I passed approaching fast behind me, hmmm, its a souped up mitsu evo probably cruising at 80-90kph, I signalled right and swerved a little to the right, let him pass, after cruising 2+kms, on a 1km stratch, I passed by this mitsu which hits a van's rear end .... stopped to check I of any help, talking to each drivers, tsk tsk tsk, I learned that the mitsu driver is drunk and gargling his words, two passengers of the van was seriously injured. Mitsu cage approaching at an estimated speed of 90kph trying to overtake van cruising at about 60kph, a jeep approaching from the other lane, van never let the mitsu overtake, mitsu swerved back to his lane, still the momentum of overtaking, too late to brake, hits van's rear end.
    Last edited by Wolver888; April 6th, 2005 at 01:11 PM.

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    ...and also wearing some protection aids like helmets, elbow/knee pads, back/spine protector, body armor, etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wasted_23
    mas maraming cage accidents than motorcycles, and that's
    a fact!
    fact from?

US NHTSA statistics:

There was also a marked jump in the motorcycle death rate, from 21 deaths per 100 million estimated vehicle miles traveled on motorcycles in 1997 to 33.4 deaths per 100 million miles in 2001 – an increase of more than 50%. The NHTSA notes that passenger car riders have a death rate of 1.3 per 100 million miles, a fraction of the risk of motorcyclists.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I've had quite a number of experience with MC riders like when liliko ako, (i make it a point na mag signal light about 50 meters before i turn kahit na walang kotse or motor sa likod ko) suddenly may biglang o-overtake na motor dun mismo sa side na lilikoan ko., or when i'm backing up palabas ng parking slot, kahit na buong kotse na yun nakalabas sa kalsada pilit pa rin sisingit yun motor para ma-unahan ka, but i'm not saying all riders are like that kaya lang marami lang talaga, and lastly a friend of mine lost his only child in a motorcycle accident, imagine nasa sidewalk na yun bata nabunggo pa rin siya ng humahataw na Motor.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I'm not yet into driving pero I agree kung gago talaga ang driver, kahit ano dala niya takaw aksidente yan. IMHO, I still prefer a cager for safety. Drive safely pips!

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
"Cagers and Riders Friendly Coexistence" Thread