New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Megamanok, Sorry to hear your predicament. Hoping that TMG report is incorrect. Anyway, in buying pre-owned car, one of the most important document to check is the police (TMG) clearance (not sure if this the correct term for that). This will tell the potential buyer that the car is cleared from any unwanted anomolies per government record. This is the responsibility of the buyer to check and this should be demanded to the seller. If you are saying that your TMG contact has cleared the car then you should have a proof (Clearance document) and not just relied to his verbal assurance. If you have the document then you can sued both the TMG for their inconsistent report and the seller too if it turns out the car has TMG record. We have some member lawyers here that can help you for legal advise. Siguro ipa-blotter mo na rin yun seller to limit his activities for your immediate protection. Hope it turns out well. Car dealer ba binilan mo?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Tsong, sorry to hear that. The best thing talaga before you buy is to ask for PNP clearance from the owner. Sa PNP Clearance they will etch both the Engine and Chassis number and counter check with their database and they will issue a hard copy of PNP clearance. Mahirap kasi na verbal lang clearance mo from TMG staff, wala kang panghahawakan na you indeed ask for clearance. When I bought a second hand Honda before, I asked the owner to produce a PNP clearance para may peace of mind.

As advised by others, patulong ka na lang sa kilalang mong taga TMG and puntahan nyo may-ari para mabulabog. Kapag ayaw matinag, patulong ka kay Tulfo sa Bitag para brasuhin...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    definitely you have to go back to "your connections at TMG" and ask that person bakit parang mali ang verificaton nya. I think may habol ka pa don, baka ma-clear yung documents ng car mo. bring that TMG person of yours to the TMG office and pagharapin mo sila-sila don. then kung talang carnap nga.... kailangan mo talagang balikan yung seller mo to recover your money.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the replies.

civic plate#jbn-371. Can anyone check if this has a history?

Puede ba na ako ang kasuhan ng carnapping nito? I'm really scared

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bardigones
    dapat bago mo binili, pina-check mo muna sa TMG. OR/CR and plate number....
    hindi ba dapat SOP na yun? pa check muna ng etching before signing the deed of sale?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    nope d ka makakasuhan ng carnapping but i think buying stolen items is against the fencing law.....tama ba? =)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bro, the sad thing is... yung iba sa TMG, ginagawa talaga yan...

malaman-laman mo na lang..sila na gumagamit ng sasakyan.
    kung sakali ma-release naman... chop-chop na rin...napalitan na ibang parts nyan.

may kabarkada yung pinsan ko na taga TMG... yan ang sabi.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by megamanok

Puede ba na ako ang kasuhan ng carnapping nito? I'm really scared
    i don't think so, siguro naman you are in good faith na hindi mo alam na carnap kaya mo binili. but if they (authorities) have evidences na alam mo na carnap yon at binili mo pa, they can charge you nga kasi "accomplice" ka na din.

Just present to them proper documents (like TMG papers, verification papers, etc.) to proved that your not guilty.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee
    bro, the sad thing is... yung iba sa TMG, ginagawa talaga yan...

malaman-laman mo na lang..sila na gumagamit ng sasakyan.
    kung sakali ma-release naman... chop-chop na rin...napalitan na ibang parts nyan.

may kabarkada yung pinsan ko na taga TMG... yan ang sabi.
    this is the saddest part..... pero sana naman ma-recover mo pa money mo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    actually AFAIK, pwede makasuhan yung bibili because it's mandatory to check first with TMG if the car was carnapped or not... and by not doing so... you are also held liable or at least an accessory to the crime committed.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
bought used car - carnap daw