New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i think the system works on some areas especially along edsa.. na-lessen yung bottle neck traffic on every stop light.. pero meron pa ding konting traffic whenever you come across a major u-turn like in muñoz area from monumento going to congressional ave.. punta ka na lang sa may right most lane para makalusot ka agad.. but in some cases like you've mentioned in libis.. hindi nga yata uubra ang mga u-turn slots dyan or maybe they should improvise it to fit the traffic jam in libis..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Baka naman pwedeng lagyan ng jeepney kulungan pink fence in that area? Yung 2 lanes lang sila...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    if for anything, bf's u-turn idea may not really original - i mean it may have been benchmarked with other countries.

in new jersey, they have a simliar "no left turn at intersections." instead of u-turn slots though, they have what they call "jug handles" - sort of service roads shaped literally like a jug handle several hundred feet before the intersection. to turn left, you have to "go" right and onto the jug handle, the end of which lands on the intersecting street so you go across the street you were initially on instead of turn left.

haaaay, hirap i-explain...NJ tsikoteers, tulong naman!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    if for anything, bf's u-turn idea may not really original - i mean it may have been benchmarked with other countries.

in new jersey, they have a simliar "no left turn at intersections." instead of u-turn slots though, they have what they call "jug handles" - sort of service roads shaped literally like a jug handle several hundred feet before the intersection. to turn left, you have to "go" right and onto the jug handle, the end of which lands on the intersecting street so you go across the street you were initially on instead of turn left.

haaaay, hirap i-explain...NJ tsikoteers, tulong naman!
    parang na gets ko. Para bang mapupunta ka sa road na perpendicular kung nasaan ka (jug handle) then turn left sa intersection. Tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    parang na gets ko. Para bang mapupunta ka sa road na perpendicular kung nasaan ka (jug handle) then turn left sa intersection. Tama ba?
    exactly - though it would obviously be not practial in rp all the time cause we simloy don't have the luxury of space as na...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Bayani's U turn system: Do you agree with it?