New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    mukhang duda ako sa 286 with a porsche na kwento ng C! magazine.

a porsche can only do 300+ kmh on a track. paano kung sa kalye pa. balls of steel naman ang nagmamaneho nyan. kung kotse nya, di super yaman. kung di nya kotse, super bilib sa driving skills and swerte nya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jkyamog
    Hopefully most will realize that speed on public roads it is not good and may take your life and life of others. The only right time and place to drive such speeds is either on the track or emergencies. Siyempre easier said than done.
    errr... some of our expressways are already built to accomodate faster traffic.

take the NLEX for example. heck, even running at 100kph seems very slow due to the good construction and wide roads.

my passenger sometimes wouldn't even notice that am already hitting 140kph.

those in European cars are more privileged. from what I've read in our local magazines, 200kph is still stable enough for them. yet they can also wash down that speed in a heartbeat.

what is reckless is running your car at high speeds if both the driver and car is unprepared for it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by luckytruck
    mukhang duda ako sa 286 with a porsche na kwento ng C! magazine.

a porsche can only do 300+ kmh on a track. paano kung sa kalye pa. balls of steel naman ang nagmamaneho nyan. kung kotse nya, di super yaman. kung di nya kotse, super bilib sa driving skills and swerte nya.
    i think that they got the permission of the managements of the skyway and the star tollway for this.

btw, the car is a loaner from PGA Cars I think.

and the members of the C! editors & staffs are capable enough to handle that since most of them have track experience already (there is one editor who owns a Evo VII I think and is a regular at the BRC).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    errr... some of our expressways are already built to accomodate faster traffic.

take the NLEX for example. heck, even running at 100kph seems very slow due to the good construction and wide roads.

my passenger sometimes wouldn't even notice that am already hitting 140kph.

those in European cars are more privileged. from what I've read in our local magazines, 200kph is still stable enough for them. yet they can also wash down that speed in a heartbeat.

what is reckless is running your car at high speeds if both the driver and car is unprepared for it.
    Yes it will accomodate higher speed. If you said that reckless kapag unprepared ang driver and car, please don't discount na unprepared din ang ibang drivers and cars.

Lets take a first hand example. I am still crazy to run at 170-190 on SLEX. You are speeding at a fast 100. There is speed difference of 80+. You changed lane knowing that you are fast enough that most people will not suddenly appear at your back. You where not prepared that someone can do a closure speed with 80+. Even if the speeding demon like me is prepared, you are not prepared there is a good chance of accident. You can imagine how fast the reaction time will be, run 80... look for a stationary post. Increase the difficulty since applying brake and steering at that speed with a road car (very few posted here real sports cars) will not result any big change in velocity.

Our case is very different say from Autobahn, where there is a fast lane and slow lane. I haven't driven there, but my sister did. People there are aware that such closure speed can happen. Also if you look most of the cars we use to overspeed are bordering already in their limits.

It is also untrue that we speed kapag sure tayo walang ibang car. With speed addiction you are not going to slow down when you are about reach your designated limit... say 200. May 1 car kang nakikita, I am sure most will not slow down kasi malapit na ang goal na gusto ma achieve. Pati to be honest going fast with no slow reference is like not going fast at all. For example sa Bullet train, kapag malayo ang scenery its like its so slow. Kapag may malapit na landmark, wow its so fast. Or like driving in a US freeway with no other traffic, its as if you are just parked in the middle of the wide road. Sad but true, the adrenaline was only there if you get to zoom other cars as if they where just parked in the highway.

Grabe ang haba ng post ko. Sorry... anyway kasi gusto ko lang atleast kahit man isang speed addict like me to get off the addiction when he/she reads this thread.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    back to the topic..

99 mazda familia a/t

160+ km/h at quezon avenue underpass..mga 2 am na nun
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    140kph * star tollway '01 strada

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes it will accomodate higher speed. If you said that reckless kapag unprepared ang driver and car, please don't discount na unprepared din ang ibang drivers and cars.
    for you to be a prepared driver, you should also take into account the other unprepared drivers on the road (like anticipating sudden lane movements, etc).

that is why a prepared driver will keep a SAFE distance between himself and the car ahead of him. when am running at 140kph and above, I make sure that I can at least see 200 meters ahead of me. if there is a crest, i slow down. if there is other vehicles that are blocking my may, i slow down.

plus, knowing your car's braking limits is also compulsary.

It is also untrue that we speed kapag sure tayo walang ibang car. With speed addiction you are not going to slow down when you are about reach your designated limit... say 200. May 1 car kang nakikita, I am sure most will not slow down kasi malapit na ang goal na gusto ma achieve.
    well, if that is the case... speed addiction is reckless if you are not going to slowdown just because you want to achieve your "goal" of reaching a certain speed. this is what we should be avoiding.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with jkyamog. I admit there is an imposed speed limit. I broke it and i'm not proud it.

No one is above the law. I know what jkyamog is trying to say. basta be safe. Speed limits are there for a reason. ako i don;t drive that fast anymore. when i was in my early 20's ganyan ako always trying to test the limit.

i did 180kph in my stock VTi back then apat pa sakay ko. now at 27 when i look back iniisip ko medyo reckless nga yun. tama si jkyamog speed is an addiction that we should learn to control. Ako ngayon i drive in a relaxed manner kakapagod na kase hataw ng hataw. isa pa mahal na talaga gas. City driving i shift at 2k rpm and usually 60kph lang speed ko sa sobra taas ng gas ngayon.
    Last edited by Supierreman; August 25th, 2004 at 08:23 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Malamang si Supierreman ay isa sa mga nakikita ng ibang tao na parang blur dati. It seems Supierreman had his fair share of fun and bad exprience kaya slow na rin siya.

What I am saying is that there is no amount of preparedness that you can do in order for you to speed up. Kahit na ano pang knowledge you have, at the moment something happens your preparedness can not make up for 80-100kph speed difference.

Accidents happens when you least expect them. I hope Supierreman does not mind, but I have read here about his accident. (I apologize in advance to Supierreman if it brings bad memories) He was not speeding at this time, even though we was not speeding there is no amount of preparedness to make him ready for the accident. Now add 80+ kph more to the event, who knows what could have been the outcome.

By going on a slower velocity it should greatly help if such unexpected event happens. Anyway hindi naman po ako angel, ang dami na siguro ako potentially napahamak. Just giving out experience para sa mga nagstart palang maging speed addict sana hindi na matuloy. Hindi naman po ako nag question ng driving skills, etc.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    180 km/h Mazdaspeed Dec. 31 1998 from Clark going back to manila with 2 passengers. Nagmamadali na kasi makabalik dahil hinahanap na kami for the new yr's eve party. I think we made it from clark toll exit to manila in less than 30min. 2 lanes palang ang north that time and dami uneven portions ng asphalt. It's literally like riding a horse lalo na dun sa long bridge.

Now that I have my own family, I have no plans of doing that fast speed again... saka nabenta na rin mazda ko hihihi.

Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
What's your Top Speed [Merged]