New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 111 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    ~196kph sa NLEX for 2seconds lang po siguro (kakatakot eh) on an early saturday morning
    '99 Civic VTi, modified wheels lang to 195/50R16, lahat stock na.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    nagon ko lang na-visit tong thread na to...kayo naman, di na mabiro... alam naman nyang maraming mahilig mag-compute sa tsikot. remember the thread sa NLEX Speed radar?

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...highlight=NLEX

di na tuloy sumagot sa thread na to...

hmmmmm onga no, di na bumalik si TAKE1BAR...herherherherher

maybe he's still trying to figure out how the hell did he'd done that incredible feat.....he can be in guiness book if he can prove or do it again.........

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sa I-5 ang sarap mag drive kasi diretso ang daan....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    160kph 1998 Honda civic vti sa NLEX
    140kph 2004 Nissan xtrail 2.0 sa SLEX
    160kph 2003 Pajero Field Master sa NLEX
    200kph 2001 e46 325i sa Skyway. My bad.
    Will never do it again. I just tried the Streptonic.
    Last edited by Jagger; February 6th, 2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    sa I-5 ang sarap mag drive kasi diretso ang daan....
    Wait til you get into the LA county! You may want to reconsider that statement

This is when I videotaped my car going 115mph, on the CA-101 somewhere around Pismo Beach and Morro Bay (same as my signature):

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    170 km/hr montero sports meron pa pro di ko na kaya at NLEX 2am

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Wait til you get into the LA county! You may want to reconsider that statement

This is when I videotaped my car going 115mph, on the CA-101 somewhere around Pismo Beach and Morro Bay (same as my signature):
    I thought those rolling hills looked familiar. I used to hang out at San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara a while back....my favorite part of CA.

Heading back to Nevada, I'd take Highway 101 to near Paso Robles, cut east and hit I-5 north til it meets I-80 and then head east to Reno or Fallon NV.

Once in a while I'd head to Bakersfield and make the run to Fallon from the south. But the mountain passes are very tricky at night with several spots where I can fall 1-2 thousand feet. I-5/I-80 are much better with the car on cruise control.

Add: I made the Bakersfield-Fallon run twice. Both times, I can literally smell the brakes fading...... The mountain drive was exhilarating during the day and terrifying at night, at least at the speeds I was going.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 6th, 2007 at 01:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I thought those rolling hills looked familiar. I used to hang out at San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara a while back....my favorite part of CA.

Heading back to Nevada, I'd take Highway 101 to near Paso Robles, cut east and hit I-5 north til it meets I-80 and then head east to Reno or Fallon NV.

Once in a while I'd head to Bakersfield and make the run to Fallon from the south. But the mountain passes are very tricky at night with several spots where I can fall 1-2 thousand feet. I-5/I-80 are much better with the car on cruise control.

Add: I made the Bakersfield-Fallon run twice. Both times, I can literally smell the brakes fading...... The mountain drive was exhilarating during the day and terrifying at night, at least at the speeds I was going.
    Near the end of the straightway there's a 3-fold curve: banked left, banked right, banked left, and then straight for another few hundred feet and then another set of curves. Boy! I love taking those curves at speed! The car just felt planted to the pavement. This is probably the ONLY time I'd wish there's a U turn slot!

San Luis Obispo is still further north from the pic taken. In fact that was taken by my friend in another car behind me. During the morning drive that same day, there was a blanket of fog across the hilltops a few miles from Redondo Beach. Eto naman ako nagbukas ng foglamps but when the fresh outside air came in the AC vents, wow, it just felt so good to drive at speed with the cold, fresh air coming through the car's AC vents and not worrying about a single thing...for a moment.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Near the end of the straightway there's a 3-fold curve: banked left, banked right, banked left, and then straight for another few hundred feet and then another set of curves. Boy! I love taking those curves at speed! The car just felt planted to the pavement. This is probably the ONLY time I'd wish there's a U turn slot!

San Luis Obispo is still further north from the pic taken. In fact that was taken by my friend in another car behind me. During the morning drive that same day, there was a blanket of fog across the hilltops a few miles from Redondo Beach. Eto naman ako nagbukas ng foglamps but when the fresh outside air came in the AC vents, wow, it just felt so good to drive at speed with the cold, fresh air coming through the car's AC vents and not worrying about a single thing...for a moment.
    If San Luis Obispo is still farther north, then you must be somewhere just south of Pt. Mugu, near LA. Yup, that stretch of CA up to Monterrey is my absolute favorite part of the state (with the possible exception of La Jolla/San Diego). The water's kind of cold for surfing. But, it's still a beautiful area. I think I know the stretch you're talking about. There's also a long climbing stretch before you get to the LA Basin proper. By that stretch though, it's LA and people are whizzing by like we're standing still (and we're doing 75mph).

We used to take that scenic route of 101 on the way to the Philippine Embassy at Wilshire Blvd, then head on south to La Jolla.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    220 kph,sa 14 lbs. of boost sr20det

What's your Top Speed [Merged]