The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's my definition:

AUV -> low-end to middle market
    (revo, xwind, adventure, crv)

SUV -> high-end market
    (vitara, rav4, forester, escape, x-trail, paj, patrol, trooper, etc)

what could be more simpler than that?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang formula ng AUV ay rear wheel drive truck-based chassis with wagon body and seating capacity of from 2-10 persons.

Siyempre Asian release ito.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    matagal ko ng gustong mag-ask about dis

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    technically, AUVs should have at least 60% local materials. this is what made them tax exempt. ang nakakapagtaka pano na grant ng AUV category ang CRV, e mostly imported materials naman ang ginamit.
    Unlike the USDM CR-V which uses Japan parts and is built in Japan, our local CR-Vs uses local parts for their suspension, transmission and body. Engine na lang yata ang completely built in sa Japan. FYI, the Philippines is the leading source of Honda's transmissions distributed in Asia (not sure yung outside Asia).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    here's my definition:

AUV -> low-end to middle market
    (revo, xwind, adventure, crv)

SUV -> high-end market
    (vitara, rav4, forester, escape, x-trail, paj, patrol, trooper, etc)

what could be more simpler than that?

This is bogus, misleading and baseless. The car manufacturers themselves have their own car categories:

Compact SUVs

Midsize SUVs

Large SUVs

Why shouldn't we just believe the car creator's word for the SUV categories? We believed in man's creator when He called the first man Adam and the first woman Eve! Ofcourse may mga Luxury SUVs na tinatawag but that's another story as tax is the major driving force behind this and as we all know, there are different tax structure per country.

Sa Asia may AUV pa and IMO, OTEP's definition is much acceptable.
    Last edited by Macky; September 24th, 2003 at 01:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i completely agree. there is little sense in nitpicking over the distinction between an SUV and an AUV, since technically and logically, all AUVs are SUVs. to say that the CR-V (and for that matter, a crosswind, revo, etc...) is not an SUV because it is classed as an AUV is to fool yourself.

IF an AUV is taken to mean a 10-seat vehicle, a CR-V becomes an AUV because it "seats" 10, while a "10-seater" expedition or patrol remains an SUV? this taxonomy would make sense only to CR-V bashers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt,

Dun sa link that I posted, ever noticed that the CR-V is now categorized as midsize SUV? I already sent an email to the site authorities and will post their reply pero it makes me think na it's possible since the Element now occupies Honda's entry-level SUV position. Also, the interior of the CR-V grew during its redesigned year ('02). If you look at the interior dimensions of both the CR-V and the Element, you will notice na mas malaki ang overall space ng CR-V. Lamang lang ng konti ang Element sa rear space pero lamang ang CR-V sa front (konti lang) and cargo space (by a mile).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Macky
    This is bogus, misleading and baseless. The car manufacturers themselves have their own car categories:
    Please check out the story below:

Honda to launch 2002 CR-V model as an AUV
    Posted: 11:05 PM (Manila Time) | Apr. 23, 2002
    By Gil C. Cabacungan Jr.
    Inquirer News Service

HONDA Cars Philippines Inc. will unveil Wednesday the country's most expensive Asian utility vehicle (AUV) -- the 2002 CR-V -- which it hopes will boost its sagging sales and inject renewed interest in its product line.

Based on documents culled from the Board of Investments, HCPI has proposed to sell its new CR-V at 875,000 pesos (manual transmission) and 925,000 pesos (automatic transmission). The current AUV models range from 453,000 pesos to 838,000 pesos per unit. The new CR-V will also be the first Honda model that would be allowed for commercial purposes such as taxis.

While HCPI has dominated the passenger car segment for the last six years, it has remained a poor third to Toyota Motor Philippines Corp. and Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corp. in overall sales because it did not have a strong bet in the commercial vehicle segment.

With Toyota set to retake the pole position in the passenger car segment this year, HCPI was hard-pressed to introduce an AUV to spark sales. The best-selling models in the industry are AUVs primarily the Toyota Tamaraw Revo, Mitsubishi Adventure and Isuzu Hi-Lander.

While the CR-V has topped the compact SUV market for years, recent price escalation (it currently retails at 1.3 million pesos each) has narrowed down the price difference with a full-sized SUV and this has become a major disincentive to prospective buyers.

By adding 4 jump seats in the rear compartment and getting the BOI's nod to amend its registration, HCPI would be able to sell the new CR-V at a much lower price because of the tax exemption under the 10-seater rule. All vehicles are taxed based on their engine size except for vehicles with a seating capacity of at least 10.

The pricing and usage of the new CR-V were critical to HCPI's application to the Board of Investments to shift the registration of the CR-V, which was signed up as a sport utility vehicle in the same category as the Mitsubishi Pajero, Toyota Land Cruiser and Rav 4, Nissan Patrol, and Jeep Cherokee.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; September 24th, 2003 at 12:36 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk What is an AUV?
    Hi All,

Ano ba ung definition ng AUV? Baket ung HiAce/Space Gear/Urvan not considered AUVs? Is it just a matter of marketing? E kung ung jeepney na medyo pinaganda't me aircon, can it be called an AUV too?
    badkuk::: Now, you see? Posting a misleading title to your query opens a can of worms. :whoa:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At para saan yung ouch? I don't own an AUV.

BTW, walang category ang kotse na by purchasing power. May nakita ka ba na elite SUV brand? Luxury SUV meron pero as I've said before, by tax structure sya. Baka naman may nakita kang high-end SUV category or even a low-end SUV? Paki-post na ren ng mapatotohanan yung una mong post.

Uy Ungas,
    Pre, friendly dabate lang SiR as usual.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What is an AUV?