New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede mo namang start ulit ang kotse while cruising. turn the key to on then put the gear appropriate to speed, depress the gas let off of the clutch. ingat lang at baka bitawan mo clutch while on a gear, taob ka nga non. :D

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i had deliberately tried this myself. pero while i'm going fast, naka neutral ang gear. what happened is, when engine went off, tumigas ang brakes. eh downhill ang andar ko, matulin. so inistart ko ulit at um-ok na brakes. since then diko na inulit. baka kung ano mangyari, eh halos walang brake! dami pa naman sasakyan sa pagbaba, may traffic.

there were also times na accidentally namamatayan ako ng engine habang matulin ang takbo, all you have to do is step down all the way on clutch, and while at it, start again the engine and let go the clutch slowly. MAKE SURE you are on the proper high gear when you do this.

btw, i drive a manual transmission front wheel drive.

delikado ang mga ganyang stunts. don't try it. drive properly.
    Last edited by jtdc; September 19th, 2003 at 07:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dangerous! ive tried turning off the ignition of the CRV(AT) while coasting downhill ... when i tried to brake, no brakes! i quickly pulled the handbrake and started the engine again!

whoo! muntik na!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh yung tumatakbo ng 60kph tapos na i-reverse mo yung A/T, nangyari na sa inyo? di sinasadya na ilagay ko sa reverse , ang nangyari namatay yung makina. nagtataka ako bakit ayaw tumaas yung tachometer pag tinatapakan ko yung gas yun pala ang nagawa ko. buti na lang company caar yun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    titgas preno... tapos maglo-lock yung steering... tapos TAPOS!

... if i were you, don't even try it. not worth it. if you do it at 10kph sa isang empty parking lot baka pwede pa, at least you'll get a sense of what'll happen.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks, i was thinking of doing this one time kase naglagay ako ng hks bov and it sometimes causes my car go into limp mode tapos kapag naka limp mode and kotse ko eh 8psi lang ang ibinibigay instead of 20psi, it sucks when you are about to race someone tapos biglang limp mode.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont do it, meron dito nag lock ang steering wheel, hit a tree, all dead except the driver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
turning off the key while cruising