New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    has anyone tried this....

anong mangyayari pag tumatakbo ka ng 60kph...then you turn the engine off...
    anong mangyayari?

hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    front wheel drive, manual? malamang taob ka.

rear wheel drive, manual? engine brake lang, kaso sigurado kawawa tranny mo.

A/T tranny front or rear wheel drive? pwede masira tranny mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did this one before [accidentally] sa van ng auntie ko [automatic]. The key had a long key-chain and I was stumping my leg sa tune sa radio and tinamaan ko. The ride started jerking and I was wondering why. Then I looked at the key and it was turned to off. We were at 70mph at the time. Wala lang, I went all the way to stop, put it to neutral then go again. Pero sabi ng cousion kong mechanic, I could have just put it ot neutral daw without stopping totally and I could have just turned the engine back on.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    happened to me once...

although nag loose lang ata battery connection...

pero ginawa ko is neutral then start the engine... ayun... oks na!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, kailangan mabilis kang kumambyo papuntang Neutral or else...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    salamat gus hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    something like this happened to our van before. the engine just died while cruising, so in a way, parang turning off the key/ignition na din. the van had power steering and brakes. so when the engine died, pati power steering and brakes, nawala din. when the steering goes, mahirap na mag steer, and when you're unlucky enough to lock the steering going 60kph.. well you imagine the rest. buti na lang i was just going 30 or so in an open road.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    delikado yan maglock yung steering wheel mo. diba yung mga oto ngayon pag tinanggal yung susui tapos try mo turn yung steering wheel mag lock sya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero yung ibang A/T hindi mo matatanggal yung key
    pag wala sa "P" yung kambyo mo..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hahaah aba napapaisip na tuloy ako magpatakbo ng mabilis eh hehehe... pero bat un friend ko honda civic un eh namatay bigla un car while cruising wala naman meron, taka lang sya bakit d na humaharurot hehe.. tsaka umilaw un red na indicator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
turning off the key while cruising