New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Im a noob here so forgive me if i step on anyone here - no intention to do that. I just noticed, some people on this forum always associate BEST with SPEED. Do these people RACE everyday they drive on the streets? Do they constantly check 0-60 mile time or quarter mile straights?

I dont buy a car just by that alone. What about braking performance? Cornering? COMFORT? Styling? Fuel economy? Safety rating? Handling not only on dry roads but in various weather (snow, rain, dry, rough, smooth etc)? Airbags (mine has driver's passenger's and on the sides located on both seats)? ABS? Quality of materials used not only in the engine but also every thing from the interior materials (i dont like cheap shiny plastic inside) down to the screws to the sound of the door closing (i love it when i hear a solid "thud" or "thickkk" sound..not "blaggg" or "BLAGGGG")........

I also noticed that some people here are so biased about their recommendation/choices because they drive the same brand.....For some people like me, i loveeeeeeeeeeee to hear negative stuffs......i actually like reading negatives than praises that way i know what to expect from that car when i buy it (thats one reason i keep subscribing to Car&driver and not Motor trend).....that also true when i research about about electronics that i wanna buy (digital cams, projectors, etc).....i dont wanna hear praises...i mean, when i buy something, i expect good stuffs....what about the bad stuffs that WE DONT WANT?

Also, price DOES NOT mean performance and quality......did you guys know that Jaguar has one of the worst quality comparable to low-end brands?

Also, horsepower isn't everything. Remember Pirelli's ad - "power is nothing without control"......

Peace!
    Last edited by airshaq20; February 10th, 2005 at 11:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what threads?

what i like in this forum is that people arent so much into performance...they are mostly for efficiency.

people here are biased?are you sure you are in the right forum?people suggest their rides because that's what they drive everyday.they KNOW what they drive everyday.

no one recommends a bmw if one hasnt driven one yet.so dont expect comments about a bmw from a non-bmw owner.

guess what....pm me and ill give you the link of an automotive website that will surely fall under your comment.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    *Glennster:

I dont want you to be offended by what i said.....we may just have different views and how we look at these theads....i dont wanna name names and point to anyone since they haven't really dont anything wrong...LOL....

people suggest their rides because that's what they drive everyday.they KNOW what they drive everyday.
    I know what you're sayin - but it just sound so biased especially when you read reviews on threads that compare 2 or more cars...then they all come down to accelaration times, horsepower and design.

I mean, a car can be faster but doesn't mean its better... and you just dont know how scary to drive that particular car...Just my thought.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh no no...i am not offended dude....i am just surprised =))

i myself hate biased people....thats why i hang out more often here..it's because i find tsikoteers more objective than anyone else.

i agree with you that a car can be faster, but doesnt mean it's better. "better" in itself will be SUBJECTIVE (maybe thats the so-called "bias")....

labo sagot ko ah.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sorry ha... pero yung comment sounds like it's for another board... I tried reading some of the threads in the first page of the Car Comparisons section. Very few comment on speed alone.

And yeah, most people here will comment based on what they drive, because that's what they know, unlike some other boards where they base comments on second hand information. If I wanted that I'd pick up a magazine.

Dude they recommend their rides because it served them well for years, it may be biased but would you recommend something you haven't driven or owned? If you searched this forum you may also find some threads regarding nightmare stories about certain car brands. AFAIK most of the people here want a car that is efficient, a car that serves their purpose, not necessarily the fastest hence the large number of Diesel Club members, am not a member though.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Im sure most people here are sensible thats why i said "some"....great site btw.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ill give you the other sites if you want...cant post it here...got some friends there eh...herhehrehr

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Dude they recommend their rides because it served them well for years, it may be biased but would you recommend something you haven't driven or owned? If you searched this forum you may also find some threads regarding nightmare stories about certain car brands.
    I gotcha man. I owned several cars in the past (i change 2 years or less on average)...i also drove back there in manila during my h.s. and college years and i can tell you a lot of bad things about each car i had. Only thing i observed not only here at tsikot but people in general is, there's two kinds of car owner. One who loves his car be it good or bad (these people only say good things about their cars)....and the other, who could say bad things about his car if its bad (i belong to this group)...I guess its pinoy culture (correct me if im wrong) not to say bad things about current rides....or maybe to some.....their car is an extension of their ego (again, i might be wrong)..

AFAIK most of the people here want a car that is efficient, a car that serves their purpose, not necessarily the fastest hence the large number of Diesel Club members, am not a member though.
    Thanks man. Never owned a diesel before (was planning to get a Jetta TDI for my wife but its hard to find a gas station here that sells diesel) thats why i dont and never bothered reading at diesel-forum.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    *glennster:
    ill give you the other sites if you want...cant post it here
    Sure...that be great...btw, any philippine audi and vw forum sites ? thanks pare.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Which one is the BEST????