New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Oh... thanks for the explanation. Ok sana yan dito pero wala namang tax refunds dito hehehe.
    LOL, thats how the government support businesses (tax refunds).
    For individuals, you can claim:
    1. school tuition fees
    2. Church tithes and offerings
    3. donations (cars, clothes, electronics)
    4. kids and dependents
    etc etc

For business owners
    1. above mentioned
    2. gas, car payments, maintenance
    3. if you conduct your business at home - you can include your house payments
    4. if you eat in the restaurant - 50% is tax deductible
    5. advertisements
    6. gifts (considered as advertisement)
    7. basically any expense that is related to your business (of course you can twist the law)

You have to keep all the receipts, bank statements, credit card statements, etc for the whole year so you need a good accountant to help you out.

(sorry about the OT)

how much do they sell the TT and the Touareg there? I think the base touareg cost about $33T here - am thinking of getting one when i get rid of my Caravan. Cheapest time to buy cars here is between Oct to December. September is when they release new models. So on Sept 2004, they will release 2005 models and they get rid of those new 2004 with big discounts. Sometimes with zero interest for up to 60 months (depending on the model).
    Touareg costs around 4.5M here for the V6 3.5Li (base model?), I don't think the V10 Diesel or V8 is available here correct me if am wrong people.

Audi TT costs around 3.8M for the 1.8 inline 4.
    Pretty expensive huh? Blame it on the excise tax hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Touareg costs around 4.5M here for the V6 3.5Li (base model?), I don't think the V10 Diesel or V8 is available here correct me if am wrong people.

Audi TT costs around 3.8M for the 1.8 inline 4.
    Pretty expensive huh? Blame it on the excise tax hehehe.
    WHOAAA...that is expensive, i wonder how people can afford them...How much is the excise tax?
    TT here cost from about $35T (base model) to about $47T (top of the line with all options). Touareg is $33T or something (base model V6), about $45T for the V8 and about $58T for the V10. Prices are suggested prices and they vary from dealer to dealer. If a model is popular, they hike prices. Also with color, some colors are popular and they vary prices (even if they are the same model & trim).

By the way, there are 3 trims for the TT, 180hp 1.8, 225hp 1.8 quattro (6 spd or triptronic) and 250hp V6 quattro (6 spd or triptronic).

Thanks for the infos.

Am not familiar with the excise tax rates, but its higher for the AUVs and SUVs.

I even saw a Touareg passed by Raon... in rush hour, di takot magasgasan hehehe. Wow $58K for the V10 thats a lot cheaper than the V6 here. Can you select your own color? For the topped out TT, does it include a sound system? Nice!!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Am not familiar with the excise tax rates, but its higher for the AUVs and SUVs.

I even saw a Touareg passed by Raon... in rush hour, di takot magasgasan hehehe. Wow $58K for the V10 thats a lot cheaper than the V6 here. Can you select your own color?
    For most mid-level cars and up, you can usually chose exterior AND interior colors (but they usualy have 5 to 8 color selections). Yeah, i love the Touareg...for me its a poor-man's Porsche Cayanne. By the way, the car prices here, even if its not popular - they usually give discounts and yes, prices here are negotiable...

For the topped out TT, does it include a sound system? Nice!!!
    Yes, usually, for every trim, you have what they call base price...then, say you want a middle trim (model), you can upgrade and add some options on top of the base price.
    Some options include:
    1. navigation system
    2. upgraded audio (bose, infinity, etc - depends on the manufacturer)
    3. upgrade wheels and tires
    4. sattelite radios
    5. transmission (say from 6-speed manual to a F1 paddle style transmission)
    6. engine (sometimes you can upgrade your engine to a bigger one - if they offer it)
    etc ......it all depend on the model and brand you are buying.
    Last edited by airshaq20; February 11th, 2005 at 01:41 AM.

Sarap palang magka oto diyan. Lots of choices.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sarap palang magka oto diyan. Lots of choices.
    If you are single, yes - but if you're married here, you tend to drive slower (not slow, but slower) and you stop putting 2 - 12" subs in the back (you put a single 8" or 10" instead)...hahahah

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    hhmmm...ganito yun. teka, yung title ng thread is 'which one is the best'.
    i thought it's about cars...biglang napunta sa 'lease or buy'. gulo ah.
    hayan, nawala tuloy yung line of thinking ko....cge kayo na muna dyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    hhmmm...ganito yun. teka, yung title ng thread is 'which one is the best'.
    i thought it's about cars...biglang napunta sa 'lease or buy'. gulo ah.
    hayan, nawala tuloy yung line of thinking ko....cge kayo na muna dyan.
    your wish is granted.

the leasing / buying topic was splitted.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...napansin ko rin dati (maybe sa ibang forum). when an innocent first timer is considering buying a car and asks for the pros, cons, maintenance costs, best bang for the buck etc... unang mga reply eh, it has xxxbhp, goes 0-60 in xx seconds, goes 0-100 in xx sec., has a top speed of blah blah blah....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Which one is the BEST????