New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    What do you guys think? Wag sanang gawing flame thread. Go ahead! Engines Ready!

Para sakin kasi SiR. Daming 96-98 vti's na nagpapaconvert to SiR body. As well as putting in the SiR engine in hatch, esi's 96-00 or later civics. Eto lang naman po ang napapansin ko ah that's why I think it's overrated.

Peace po sa SiR owners and lovers. Opinion lang po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on what you mean by "over-rated". Is the SiR over-rated? Maybe... there are some people who think it's the fastest thing on Earth. But is it a good car? Definitely. The B16A is legendary for its smoothness, its ability to rev high, and its durability. It has been referred to as the "Chevy small block of the 90's"... a relatively cheap engine that makes great power and is tunable in many ways.

And the 96-00 Civics were also very good cars. Double-wishbone and multi-link suspensions were things you didn't really find on economy cars back then... and, actually, double-wishbones aren't found on economy cars anymore, period. They're very good cars, which get a bad rap for all the cheesy "modified" ones running on the streets.

I wouldn't say it is "over-rated". Over-exposed? Maybe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Over-rated, it depends on the meaning bro, some people might take offense if their beloved automobile is cited as such. By overrated meaning overhyped, i would go for the toyota fortuner (since their marketing ploy was to over advertise and understock their dealerships, hence creating an artificial lack of supply). Peace lang po mga fort people (just my 2 cents lang)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No doubt, AE101 Corollas and EK Civics in terms of their "value" and residual price.

My other candidates would be Pajero and Expeditions

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, Honda SIR and Toyota fortuner....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    overhype? overrated? ... I think the new lancer... why? kasi puro kwento puro marketing pero wala pa rin dito! nakakainip na sobra!

pero yung vote sa fortuner... tama! I would have to agree na medyo overrated siya

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho... its not the car itself, but the brand... sa akin Honda....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Honda+Toyota... in terms of being over-rated... but then, I do have a lot of respect for some of their products.

Over-rated? Porsche! :lol: Or more like over-priced...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The ZZE121 Toyota Corolla Altis. It really isn't that good to drive or ride in...it does score points for low cabin noise though.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Well, it's just that Filipinos are talking about SiR's like god-like beings. It's fast, it's this, it's that. I really would hope that Silvia's , Skyline's, MR2's etc. were distrubuted locally para naman hindi puro SiR SiR SiR. Nakakarindi kasi e.

SUV's.. Definitely the Fortuner

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
The most overrated car in the Philippines is...