New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In terms of resale price (NOT performance), it might be the Honda Civic SiR.

bigbigcar.com Review: Hyundai Tucson 4x2 CRDi 2.0 A/T

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    In terms of resale price (NOT performance), it might be the Honda Civic SiR.

bigbigcar.com Review: Hyundai Tucson 4x2 CRDi 2.0 A/T
    An SiR can range from 300 - 400k. Outrageous? That i don't know for sure.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    the gas SUV (expedition, escalade, excursion) is an overrated vehicle here.
    with gas prices through the roof and environmental awareness reaching more people,
    i'm surprised people still love these things.
    (why won't US manufacturers release their diesel variants here anyway?)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    An SiR can range from 300 - 400k. Outrageous? That i don't know for sure.
    You also have to consider that the SiR was selling for just 700K+ when brand new. Given that it is almost a decade old, losing just 50% of its value is "overrated" in my opinion.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can't consider the Mazdas and Fords (sedans) overrated because of one thing... popularity...

Frankly, the Mazdas and Fords are nowhere near the popularity of their Honda/Toyota counterparts, if they're not popular to begin with, they can't be overrated based on the context of this thread.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I totally agree with you sir mazda. There is this belief that Hondas have a higher resale value as compared to other sedans. Take the case of Nissan Sentras (EX Saloons, Super Touring, super saloons) which have undeserved low resale values. I'll create a thread for underrated vehicles na rin with the permission this thread's starter, if its ok.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The two most overrated vehicles mentioned here SiR and Fortuner really aren't the problem but their owner's. People buy the SiR and think they are faster than any car around and then they put ugly looking kits on it. What the owner does doesn't make the vehicle less capable on it's own merit. The Fortuner was bought by people who didn't consider that it's truck based, then they complained that the ride was rough because it wasn't car like. Well it's not a car, it's a truck and it will ride like a truck should have known that before buying it. Was it over hyped? Yes. But buyers also knew they were being taken advantage of and still bought it to keep up with their neighbor who had one, that is not Toyota's fault. Someone also mentioned the H2, but a lot of the owner's have put ugly bling 20+" wheels on it and have taken the off road cability from the truck. The vehicle is very capable off roading with strong mechanicals. Is it a gas guzzler? Yes, but that's not a secret so if you buy it thinking you'll get good fuel consumption you're in for a surprise. You can't call it overrated because it has no diesel version, after all if GM puts one in the H2 it will probably be the 6.6L Duramax and people will still complain about it's diesel consumption. All three vehicles are good in performing what they were designed for so I can't see how they can be overrated. Underrated I'd have to agree with the Samurai and will add the Jimny.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hitomi View Post
    the gas SUV (expedition, escalade, excursion) is an overrated vehicle here.
    with gas prices through the roof and environmental awareness reaching more people,
    i'm surprised people still love these things.
    (why won't US manufacturers release their diesel variants here anyway?)
    the reason why they dont release the diesel variant is because there are no diesel engine expedition or escalade in the US neither.
    on the honda SIR...its pretty much the same here in the US.every teenager gets a civic.throws in a muffler,intake(give or take headers) some custom tune and they think that they just added 300HP on the damn car.
    cant race a car if the wheel bolt torque is higher than the car's Hp/torque

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Well, it's just that Filipinos are talking about SiR's like god-like beings. It's fast, it's this, it's that. I really would hope that Silvia's , Skyline's, MR2's etc. were distrubuted locally para naman hindi puro SiR SiR SiR. Nakakarindi kasi e.

SUV's.. Definitely the Fortuner
    S14 Silvias were sold locally back in 97-98, same time as the eclipse was. Only 75 units were shipped. 40 units first shipment, 35 the second. And only the first unit was the original factory manual. These days, alot of the matic Silvias are converted to manual tranny narin.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    As for the most over-rated vehicle in the Philippines, in my opinion it's the Honda civic from the Esi to the Sir. Their resale value just won't go down! And that's good, extra change when we sold ours before

The most overrated car in the Philippines is...