New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer (Actually, dapat OME... ), means looks like it came that way from the dealership.

SSR - brand of aftermarket wheels.

By the way, that picture up there? That's sort of like what the SiR bumper looks like, except there are foglights with plastic housings in that side vent.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    please please please go JDM style, and OEM as well, please don't go with nasty bumpers and sides, please don't be a ricer, please don't get 17" chrome rims, 15" would look perfect on an EK, please don't do what you see in the Fast and the Furious movies, BE race inspired <--- no body kits no big wheels . . . first I would lose the moldings, get a CTR bumper with the lip, CTR sides and rear lip...
    Last edited by blink21me; August 23rd, 2006 at 04:41 AM. Reason: misspelled words

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    eto ba ung nakita kong for sale na EK hatch sa phil-am village, las pinas?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafe View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently bought this EK Hatchback.

I want to improve/add stuff on it's exterior, specifically the:

-Front and rear bumpers
    -Muffler
    -Rims
    -Fog Lights

Any advise on what I should be getting to improve it's appearance? Where is a good place to look for hatchback parts?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you don't have coil spring compressor compress spring by jacking up vehicle under suspension arm (to compress suspension).

Then use wire (alambre) and tie up the compressed spring. Jack up vehicle under frame and release jack from under suspension to relieve stress on spring.

Finish! hehehe.

That's Ghetto style.Never ever try to do that stunt(especially on Mercedes)..Your like a walking time bomb.IT COULD INJURE OR KILL YOU.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    That's Ghetto style.Never ever try to do that stunt(especially on Mercedes)..Your like a walking time bomb.IT COULD INJURE OR KILL YOU.
    It is safe to do that as long as you be careful... if you think you can do it, then go do it, if you're having second thoughts it might hurt you or something then don't... There are ways to make them "ghetto style" safe, if you are a resourceful person you would know that... I have done this using ropes (lubid) on my BMW when Autozone didn't have a spring compressor available for a free-loan... Me and my friend also did the same thing to his Evo 9... Damn, not everyone has necessary tool access, and why is it that the car involved being a mercedes an exception??? 'Cause it's a Mercedes?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    It is safe to do that as long as you be careful... if you think you can do it, then go do it, if you're having second thoughts it might hurt you or something then don't... There are ways to make them "ghetto style" safe, if you are a resourceful person you would know that... I have done this using ropes (lubid) on my BMW when Autozone didn't have a spring compressor available for a free-loan... Me and my friend also did the same thing to his Evo 9... Damn, not everyone has necessary tool access, and why is it that the car involved being a mercedes an exception??? 'Cause it's a Mercedes?
    I salute you.You have balls to remove your Bmw's coil spring without using the right spring compressor and the fact you use a lubid(worst than wire) to compress the springs.Next time try to remove a mercedes coil spring and you'll see what i mean.Just be careful those spring rates are much higher.If your lubid brakes and god forbid the springs hits you,You're goin to feel like this Be careful.Be safe.Somebody loves you.
    Last edited by ronald_m; August 23rd, 2006 at 09:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome to the [third] world of ghetto repairs. hehehe. A compressor would have been safer. Too bad the shop didn't have any. Working in a garage (instead of the side of a busy main road) would have been safer, too.

And you should see the 'ghetto' stuff we have to do to patients (for lack of funding/proper equipment).

We did have one problem with wire, we couldn't take it off afterwards because it was too tightly wound. We used around 5 layers (intertwined) on four sides of the spring.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    I salute you.You have balls to remove your Bmw's coil spring without using the right spring compressor and the fact you use a lubid(worst than wire) to compress the springs.Next time try to remove a mercedes coil spring and you'll see what i mean.Just be careful those spring rates are much higher.If your lubid brakes and god forbid the springs hits you,You're goin to feel like this Be careful.Be safe.Somebody loves you.
    First off, thread subject isn't a Mercedes, second, even if it was, would it really make that much of a difference??? I am not sure what the spring rates are on Mercedes, but I am certain that they aren't the same on all Mercedes as you have made the sound of a claim...

I don't think I'd try using "lubid" again the next time I'd have to swap springs. It just happened that a spring compressor wasn't available at the time when I was desperately wanting to do the job... Also, springs won't jump on you IF the rope ever breaks, you would obviously face the top of the strut hats towards the direction to an open space so nobody gets hurt... At first we thought it would fire the strut hat but then it only flew ~5'... I did the rope securely...

I also highly doubt that it would be much of a trouble if you ghetto Mercedes springs, they're "luxury", unless you're talking about one in their sports line, and thus they should have... just ~not too low not too high spring rates, depending on the dampening force provided by the shocks... Ride an Evo 9 on stock suspension and you'll feel how stiff they're springs are right away, since the car's built as a street/track car... I don't know what kind of springs Mercedes put but on my BMW I put progressive springs, which makes it not so hard to compress it with ropes (just tie it around and there's aero chance they'll break)... I swapped springs from OEM to H&R sports (280F/380R), then swapped to H&R race (345F/515R)...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Welcome to the [third] world of ghetto repairs. hehehe. A compressor would have been safer. Too bad the shop didn't have any. Working in a garage (instead of the side of a busy main road) would have been safer, too.

And you should see the 'ghetto' stuff we have to do to patients (for lack of funding/proper equipment).

We did have one problem with wire, we couldn't take it off afterwards because it was too tightly wound. We used around 5 layers (intertwined) on four sides of the spring.
    LOL, I'm sure it took a little time and patience...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    First off, thread subject isn't a Mercedes, second, even if it was, would it really make that much of a difference??? I am not sure what the spring rates are on Mercedes, but I am certain that they aren't the same on all Mercedes as you have made the sound of a claim...

I don't think I'd try using "lubid" again the next time I'd have to swap springs. It just happened that a spring compressor wasn't available at the time when I was desperately wanting to do the job... Also, springs won't jump on you IF the rope ever breaks, you would obviously face the top of the strut hats towards the direction to an open space so nobody gets hurt... At first we thought it would fire the strut hat but then it only flew ~5'... I did the rope securely...

I also highly doubt that it would be much of a trouble if you ghetto Mercedes springs, they're "luxury", unless you're talking about one in their sports line, and thus they should have... just ~not too low not too high spring rates, depending on the dampening force provided by the shocks... Ride an Evo 9 on stock suspension and you'll feel how stiff they're springs are right away, since the car's built as a street/track car... I don't know what kind of springs Mercedes put but on my BMW I put progressive springs, which makes it not so hard to compress it with ropes (just tie it around and there's aero chance they'll break)... I swapped springs from OEM to H&R sports (280F/380R), then swapped to H&R race (345F/515R)...
    Dude chill out.I'm just saying its not safe,Did i say you can't remove it using your lubid style?Why don't we just go to the strip you seems to know alot about cars.

BAck to the topic.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Modifying an EK Hatch