Jul 2006
    Hey guys,

I recently bought this EK Hatchback.

I want to improve/add stuff on it's exterior, specifically the:

-Front and rear bumpers
    -Muffler
    -Rims
    -Fog Lights

Any advise on what I should be getting to improve it's appearance? Where is a good place to look for hatchback parts?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Banaue or Evangelista, siyempre.

For the front bumper, you could switch to the 99-00 SiR front bumper with foglights, and maybe get a black mesh grille (lots of those available).

Same with rims (SIR), but there are a lot of new Honda rims in the 15" range that look pretty good and should fit your car.

Muffler? Unless you want the fart can sound, look around and review threads regarding muffler, headers and car modification before you touch your exhaust system. And if the look is all you want, spending the extra money for a good muffler will save you a lot of headaches (from the droning sound of poor mufflers) in the long run.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the response!

How much do you think an SIR bumper goes for? What would look better, round or square foglights? Should I change the back to SIR as well?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know if the rear bumper of the sedan will fit. Alternately, you could try to look for Type-R bumpers, but they're probably hard to find.

The stock foglights of the SiR are round in rectangular housings. Up to you if you want something different. I don't know the cost, though. Some Honda boys who come in here may be able to help you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    strafe posted:

Any advise on what I should be getting to improve it's appearance? Where is a good place to look for hatchback parts?
    ganda ng ek hatch niyo ah

w/ regards to your query, you can check out the hcp forums (hondaclub.com.ph). the guys over there can help you a lot w/ your modifications and also numerous local honda enthusiasts sell chockful of honda goodies in its selling thread. i'm sure mapapagastos ka doon

hope this helps

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TypeR look lang pwede na. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    www.hondaclub.com.ph

Madaming naka EK hatch dyan.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sorry to be a noob pero ano po ba yung Type R look?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EK9 Civic Type R

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kala ko yung tail lights ng Type R white and red.Orange and red pala.Tama pala yung akin.hehe
    Hindi pala tama yung side skirt ko at mukhang rare pa..hehe.
    Type R look ka na lang punta ka sa Initial D sa evangelista.Madami silang type R bumpers and parts dun for ek hatch..
    Ako ako meron akong binebenta na mga muffler punta ka lang sa forum ko..nandun ang pictures at info about sa mga mufflers.
    Last edited by gearspeed; August 19th, 2006 at 07:53 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Modifying an EK Hatch