New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sikuya
    i'm confused, was it GM or DCX? (i think it's DaimlerChrysler)
    I stand corrected. DCX pala

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are there any other manufacturers that are interested in purchasing mitsubishi, like how nissan was saved by renault?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It was a smart move by volvo when they sold their share to DCX in 1999. DCX paid $10million more in 2000 than what volvo cost them to buy the 3% share in Mitsu.

Maybe Hyundai can save them?! Afterall, the marketing guru in Mitsu right now used to work for Hyundai. Notice the 10 year warranty being offered by Mitsu now? Sounds like a Hyundai strategy...haha

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nissan's savior whas Ghosn... Carlos Ghosn. And his bailout of Nissan and his complete demolition of a multi-billion dollar deficit was nothing short of amazing.

Mitsu really needs someone like that right now. Their quality, and more importantly, their perceived quality, is going down the toilet. The turbo manifold failures, the recalls, the fact that some magazines are complaining about EVO FQ engine failures... this points to something fundamentally wrong, especially considering that this is a Japanese company noted for quality and endurance.

I look at their product releases, designs, and sales schemes, and I don't see anything bright for them in the immediate future... The Montero release? What a laugh... almost any consumer could tell you how old the platform is... the Outlander just can't compete with the CR-V and RAV4... never mind the X-Trail (which is currently re-defining the CUV segment)... the Lancer is getting older and older, and recent releases such as the 1.8 MX and the 1.8 Turbo (in other Asian markets) don't even match up well to the current market leaders.

The Grandis is admittedly a bright spot, but it's a Previa contender that's come to the market just a little late... time will tell if it can give the Toyota a run for its money. Now if only Honda would join that particular fight...

And what about the 3.8 liter Galant? Since when have you seen a NON-AMERICAN maker resort to such large displacement to get 200+ hp... in a CAR. Doesn't speak well for Mitsubishi's state of technical prowess.
    Last edited by niky; March 5th, 2005 at 06:46 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    (a little aside on the grandis)

the grandis is certainly a looker, but does anyone else think it should have had sliding doors at the rear as a true minivan should? i think families would appreciate the huge portals of the previa and other competitors more... which may translate to the grandis becoming somewhat of a flop in sales volume

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    families would even enjoy the cheaper Innova!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    "misubishi"...? baka ito....Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) is Japan's largest general trading company (sogo shosha) with over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide. Together with its over 500 group companies, MC employs a multinational workforce of approximately 48,000 people. MC has long been engaged in business with customers around the world in virtually every industry, including energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, food and general merchandise.

dying..?..baka hibernating...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    huwag naman sana sayang yung EVO, when I was younger that was one of my dream cars, pero now old and wiser I'll pass. But I still find them very very nice.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004lynxghia
    "misubishi"...? baka ito....Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) is Japan's largest general trading company (sogo shosha) with over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide. Together with its over 500 group companies, MC employs a multinational workforce of approximately 48,000 people. MC has long been engaged in business with customers around the world in virtually every industry, including energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, food and general merchandise.
    sige na nga...let's change the thread title to "Mitsubishi [size=10]CARS[/size] is dying...for the benefit of our friend here

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i still don't believe that the koreans make better cars than mitsu period.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Misubishi Motor Corp (MMC) is dying.... [Renamed]