The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Daewoo, to be more specific.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    I agree with cyberdoc95. Good companies like Mitsubishi can do a 180-degree turn-around. Toyota did it so there is no reason for the the Three-Diamond brand not to accomplish the same. Besides, the U.S. market has a history of being...biased (for the lack of a better word at this moment) against Japanese cars. Mitsubishi is very popular in Europe.
    Yes, we may all never know....But you said something about the US being biased against Jap cars, that is so untrue...if you look at the top ten selling cars (not SUV or trucks) most of them are jap cars.....

And being popular doesn't mean anything - just like my former boss used to say, a company being busy doesn't mean it's making money.....

But yeah, anything can happen...Just like Audi in the 80's when they were sued for "unattended accelaration" - they were one of the big 3's in the luxury segment (which includes MB and BMW) then they went rock bottom until the 1996 A4 came out and started to peak again....

Anyhow, its hard to ignore that they were bailed out for $4B and have to lay off 22% of their worldwide work force (11,000)......now, picture this..how much do they make for each car they sell??.....and how long is the ROI for that $4B??

If you noticed, they've been shuffling their inventory worldwide...they dropped off the Montero sport here in the US, and now, they are introducing them as "new model" to asian markets..
    Last edited by airshaq20; March 1st, 2005 at 11:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's all about the product. toyota and audi turned their fortunes around by making cars that appealed to customers in some way (they had an idea of what they wanted their cars to be to consumers and they stuck with it).

today, i can't see how any of their products appeal to any customer. they even missed the boat with the evo in the US. of course, all that can change, as early as next model cycle.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    Besides, the U.S. market has a history of being...biased (for the lack of a better word at this moment) against Japanese cars. Mitsubishi is very popular in Europe.
    that statement is very flawed. the toyota camry and honda accord are america's bestselling cars for innumerable years now, and so are the honda civic and toyota corolla (compact sedans).Lexus is no.1 in the US, and nissan/infiniti are everywhere. come to America and you'll get dazed looking at these japanese cars in every corner of this great country.
    and I'm not downplaying the European market, but if you can't make it in the world's biggest auto market where 17 million vehicles are sold yearly ,then you are not making it big, you can't be called a global player. add to that the insult of plunging and plummeting in their homemarket of japan, then mitsubishi is really in deep s.......you know....trouble.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT:
    Hey Sikuya, whats up with Chile's flag?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    OT:
    Hey Sikuya, whats up with Chile's flag?
    he,he...i can't believe it. shame,shame airshaq...you're being funny.

this is the chile flag:

and my revered flag is different.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    LOL.....my bad....i really need glasses......hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think that's the texas state flag....

sige na, mag-secede na kayo!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    i think that's the texas state flag....

sige na, mag-secede na kayo!!
    another OT:
    watch out M54, the US is going to lose the lone star state (we're going to secede and Bush will be ourprez forever...LOL).besides,the official slogan here is "Texas,it's like a whole other country"....makes sense,huh?

now back to...MITSUBISHI..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Look at Nissan. they used to be in bigger debt and trouble in the 80's-90's than mitsubishi was yet look at them now. Nissan's turnaround happened when they were bought by renault. and had Gozy (forgot his name) was installed as the CEO. Just look at how Nissan is performing all around the world right now. Cars like the 350Z, nissan murano, X-trail has been having brisk sales. hopefully something like this will happen to mitsubishi.

BTW the lancer evo has mostly active safety which means its almost inversely proportional to passive safety.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Misubishi Motor Corp (MMC) is dying.... [Renamed]