New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    But the driving schools here are crap. Almost everyone I've met who went to a driving school doesn't know how to drive properly. lol
    heheh because driver instructor teach them how to drive but not how to understand driving lol

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do what I did way back in HS, nag drive muna kahit walang license.. takas kasama driver...hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    madali lang kumuha nang student license.. pinakuha ko yung wife ko nung isang araw sa may LTO sa shaw blvd, took her 20 mins lang.. so mas maganda kumuha muna nang student.. bago mag apply sa driving school..
    True. A1 for example requires their clients to have a Student's Permit for driving before allowing them to enroll.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by viel_dk View Post
    pwede bang non-professional driver ung kasama?
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Ganito po ang dapat gawin:

1. Get a Student License - for you to become a legal student driver

2. Learn how to drive - with a professional driver as a teacher

3. After a few months, get a Certified Driver's License na. - But you still have to be guided by a professional driver until you get used to the techniques of driving.
    Actually, it's a Student's Permit.

You may learn how to drive with a licensed driver, meaning regardless if the one teaching you has a Professional or Non-Professional Driver's License, for as long as he has one.

However, it's always better to start learning to drive in a Driving School then follow-up your driving lessons by practicing with a licensed driver.

To get a Non-Professional Driver's License, you need to wait for one month. For Professional Driver's License, six months.

http://www.lto.gov.ph/dlreq.html

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    usually driving schools will arrange your student permit, then you will be accompanied by their "teachers" with professional driver's license, then after that you're on your way to a PRO or NON PRO driver's license...

and AFAIK, student driver's should be accompanied by a professional licensed driver...we were apprehended by police way back when i was learning to drive and that's what we were told...just my 2cents

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by iho250 View Post
    usually driving schools will arrange your student permit, then you will be accompanied by their "teachers" with professional driver's license, then after that you're on your way to a PRO or NON PRO driver's license...
    Actually, you really don't need the "assistance" of them driving school. Just bring all the documents needed to secure a Student's Permit at the nearest LTO District Office.

For the TS's convenience, here's the requirements:
    Documents Required

1. Duly accomplished Application for Driver's License

2. Proof of identity

• Original Birth Certificate with photocopy
    • NSO authenticated Birth Certificate with Official Receipt and photocopy
    • Original valid Passport with photocopy
    • A joint affidavit of two (2) disinterested persons who know the applicant and who can attest to the applicant's identity, accompanied by non-availability of record issued by the Local Civil Registry Office or NSO

3. Any legal or government issued document to prove his age and identity (SSS ID, PhilHealth ID, GSIS ID, TIN ID, Pag-ibig ID, Office ID)

4. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

Additional Requirements for Minor Applicants (16-18 yrs. old)

• Letter of Parental/Guardian Consent duly notarized
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/renewdlreq.html#student

Quote Originally Posted by iho250 View Post
    and AFAIK, student driver's should be accompanied by a professional licensed driver...we were apprehended by police way back when i was learning to drive and that's what we were told...just my 2cents

No. As per the LTO's website, a licensed person should accompany the student driver with a Student's Permit. There is no distinction between a Professional and a Non-Professional Driver's License, as long as it's valid (and has the restriction code for the vehicle operated, e.g. 1 - Motorcycle; 2 - cars/vans, etc). Report the apprehending officer should they try to "trick" you. There is not even a violation on their tickets that says that.
    Last edited by russpogi; November 5th, 2008 at 05:44 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    get student permit and then if you have a relative that is willing to teach you its much better rather than going to driving school puro pera pera lang dyan i know a few people who went to that steps and ended up asking for assistance still with private drivers for further instruction ang laki ng difference its not that i have someting againts driving schools... but the price are high for a minimum amount of time to teach you all the stuff you need to know about driving. just my 2 cent

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang pagkakaalam ko rin dapat Professional driver kasama ng student.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ang pagkakaalam ko rin dapat Professional driver kasama ng student.
    ako rin....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    AFAIK prof driver's license holder ang kasama ng student permit holder para wala ng satsat ang apprehending officer/s.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
driving lesson o license?