New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Nope. Since I only do short drives usually at nasa labas nakapark kotse last thing you want is leaving it open then having an empty engine bay the next day

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    I do this. Not for the paint but for lessening the heat exposure of the wires, plastic connectors, belts, and hoses in the engine bay. This is one cause of bulging batteries, the prolonged exposure to heat weakens the plastic body.

I can't do anything to protect them when the car is running, but every little bit helps - especially if it's as easy as just pulling the hood release.
    +1, basically same reason why I open the hood sometimes after a long drive and it is in middle of the day when I get home. Other than that or kung gabi na rin, hindi na.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I do not have to because I had my (hot diesel) truck installed with a big hood scoop which does a good job cooling it. With our car we do not do this since the car no matter how long the drive is cools very quickly (small engine in a big engine bay).

If you must do this for trucks and SUVs then consider adding side heat vents and a hood scoop.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    short drives - no
    long drives - yes
    summer - all the time (lalo nung 2010, sobra init nung summer) pwede na magprito ng itlog sa hood pinakita ni kuya kim aka matang lawin hehe

ewan ko na lang ngayong 2011 kung same ang intensity ng init

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I open the hood for about an hour or two if I intend to cover the car. Ang alam ko kasi mahirap sumingaw ang init kapag tinakpan na with car cover.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Malakas rin sumira ng paint sa Hood kaya bukas ko lang ito pag galing sa long driving.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nope. and my factory hood paint is as good as ever. outside and under. after 13 years.
    but to cover the car after a long drive, without waiting for the engine to cool.. that's something else. heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes after a long drive... No kung short drive lang...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The effect on tropicalized cars seems more placebo. If it gives a person peace of mind, then i guess it would'nt harm anyone.

Anything heated and covered with plastic before cooling is bad. including cars.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
do you open your hood when you get home?