New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maliban na lang kung may weird sound coming from the engine bay on my way home.
    pero madalas, no.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    yes im doing that simply because i want the heat of my engine went out fast.. after that kukumutan ko na.. anyway i dont know if cause yun kaya nag fade/crack yung paint sa hood. imo, i dont think na related yun, kasi kahit naman nakapark yung kotse natin sa initan di naman agad nagbabago ang kulay and besides ang mga hood natin is designed to cover the engine.. well, lets hear more from our gurus..
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I only do that from time-to-time (mga once or twice a week) even though I use the car almost daily.

Yeah... one reason is to let the heat escape more quickly (lalo when coming from a long drive) though this isn't really that necessary for modern cars (since may heat shield nga naman).

Another use for that is to let me do a quick check on my fluid levels.
    :sweat: akala ako lang gumagawa ntio....akala ko :screwloose: na ako actually I have heat insulator sa mga hood ng cars ko, but nakasanayan ko na kasi since HS, so it na curious lang ako kung meron din gumagawa...
    Last edited by shadow; March 4th, 2008 at 10:31 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    :sweat: akala ako lang gumagawa ntio....akala ko :screwloose: na ako actually I have heat insulator sa mga hood ng cars ko, but nakasanayan ko na kasi since HS, so it na curious lang ako kung meron din gumagawa...

Tatlo na tayo bro.

Yes, I do this all the time sa aming mga sasakyan.... Itinataas ko ang hood for 10 to 20 minutes upon arrival to let the heat escape faster.... And then ibinababa ko siya without totally closing it for about an hour or so. Afterwhich, I close the hood totally...... May garahe at bubong ang lahat ng sasakyan namin kaya I can do this all the time.... Iyong walang garahe, obviously, this is not a viable option, dahil delikado.....

5505:home:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i only do that pag after a night of hatawan.. yes, may slow drive naman to cool down, but just to let the engine cool down faster and sabay check na din if there's anything wrong/loose din..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryalien View Post
    i only do that pag after a night of hatawan.. yes, may slow drive naman to cool down, but just to let the engine cool down faster and sabay check na din if there's anything wrong/loose din..
    I think we are not talking of the same thing..I think you are talking about the turbo intercooler cool down thing...I'm just talking about the heats that radiant out of the engine...

do I make sense??? nalito na rin ako....

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    pang-apat na ako nakasanayan ko na ring buksan ang hood pagdating ng bahay

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i dont do it but i might. especially in long drives during 30 mins rests.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I do, to let the heat out faster, in deference to the tons of electronics, plastics and rubber under the hood. It might not make much of a difference, but every little bit counts.

It also lets me check the temperature of the engine bay, as well as the condition of my fluids, and allows me to spot problems before they occur.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hmm.. man, naalala ko tuloy nung nasa HS pa ako (dito din sa US) I used to do that once in a while. specially after long drives and hard driving. but then after a couple of years, medyo hindi ko na masyado ginagawa yun kasi hindi na ako "kaskasero" ngayon, di tulad nuong araw! lolz! tsaka pag nasa area na ako (specially in my City) mas relaxed na akong mag drive.. dami kasing pulis eh

but then, expect me to open my hood (either the Supra or the Benz) every weekend. specially if Im at a Car Meet or a Race Event

aite, peace.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on very long drives only, say manila-bicol or manila-ilocos

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
do you open your hood when you get home?