New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I think we are not talking of the same thing..I think you are talking about the turbo intercooler cool down thing...I'm just talking about the heats that radiant out of the engine...

do I make sense??? nalito na rin ako....
    hehe we are on the same page. pag normal driving naman kasi the temp doesnt go high enough for me to open my hood.. pag nag hatawan na, then pag uwi ko, i usually leave the hood open the whole night to help cool down, sabay check if may mga problema.

yun sa turbo, may timer naman yun.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    do you do this open your hood pag nakauwi na kayo sa bahay at naka park na sa mga garage niyo? para sumingaw yun heat from the engine?

kasi I notice maraming mga old cars na cracked, faded na ang paints especially sa hood, I thin this cause by the heat of the engine?

tama ba ito or sayang lang oras? actually nakita ko kasing ginagawa ng friend ko back in HS, laht ng cars nila nakabukas ang hood pag nasa parking na kaya ginaya ko na rin hanggan ngayon ginagawa ko pa rin...
    madalas ko pa din gawin to up to now. natutunan ko lang din from a friend. makes sense naman e. atleast labas init. hehe

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kala ko ako lang gumagawa nito dami din pala.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I don't but my boyfriend does. One time nakalimutan nya isara, ayun nakabuyangyang yung engine. Tapos dumating yung kuya ko sinara nya yung hood, ayun na-trigger yung alarm. Buti na lang di nagalit yung mga kapitbahay sa ingay

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryalien View Post
    hehe we are on the same page. pag normal driving naman kasi the temp doesnt go high enough for me to open my hood.. pag nag hatawan na, then pag uwi ko, i usually leave the hood open the whole night to help cool down, sabay check if may mga problema.

yun sa turbo, may timer naman yun.

I don't get this. Whether it's easy or fast driving, engine temperature will be more or less the same...

Well, you mentioned turbo as another case here.....

5505:home:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i do open the hood of my car pero hindi sa purpose na palabasin ang init, i open it to wipe the dirt and dust. everyday kasi i travel 60km and evrytime i open the hood may mga dust na nag-accumulate.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it makes no difference.

stock paint can easily withstand temperatures higher than the engine produces. if you see a car with weathered or cracked paint on the hood, that's caused by neglect and improper care, as someone already said. not by engine heat. the stock belts, hoses, and other engine bay parts are also built to very high heat tolerances on modern cars. they have to be.

bird poop will do far more damage to your hood's paint than your engine ever will. it's not even a good time to clean the engine bay (baka mapaso ka pa :ouch: )

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do for 2 reasons:

1) Prevent critters from having a free, warm lodging.
    2) Prevent waterspots in case it suddenly rains...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I do for 2 reasons:

1) Prevent critters from having a free, warm lodging.
    2) Prevent waterspots in case it suddenly rains...
    panu ka magkaka water spots...akala ko todo wax/sealant mga kotse mo

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i don't. i only open the hood during weekends pag nililinis ko engine bay.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
do you open your hood when you get home?