New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    useless din cguro bro kasi may heatshield nman under the hood eh .. dunno sa car mo ..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yup, almost everytime na pumasok na me ng garage..

para naman mabilis sumingaw ang init.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do this pero di lagi and only pag mataas temp ng engine. Not because of the paint but because of the wiring (biodegradable) issues that plague my car's model.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    panu ka magkaka water spots...akala ko todo wax/sealant mga kotse mo
    Kung magiging OC lang sagarin na diba hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kapag mahaba ang byahe ay open ko hood ng kotse pero kung malamig ang panahon ay hindi na. Open ko din hood kapag stopover para kumain sa mga byahe sa province na malalayo.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    my father always do this. we have our own garage. he always does this even on other places lalo na long drives.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You don't need to open the hood after a drive as the heat from the engine won't do significant damage to the paint. But UV does!

Paint oxidation is accelerated by UV. If you leave your car to bake in the sun all day everyday, expect your paint to not last very long. It doesn't matter if you open the hood or not.

Paint quality is also a factor. Most paints are UV resistant up to a certain extent since they also do wear down after extensive exposure. This is further accelerated when the paint is repeatedly rubbed-down with products like rubbing compound as it thins out the clear coat and exposing the paint to the environment.

If you want your paint to last long, park in the shade whenever possible. Park in the open only when:

a. It's the last resort
    b. It's a short stop of no longer than a couple of hours
    c. It's late in the afternoon and/or it's towards the evening

Doing the above will also make your interior upholstery and dashboard retain their original texture and color longer.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    if you have plans to use the car about 1 or 2 hours later, opening the hood might not be good at all since it cools down the engine quickly and makes the engine last more in the open loop mode and of course eats more fuel.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    asteg! kala ko kami lang gumagawa nito. marami din pala! kinalakihan ko na kasi ang ganitong gawain. si erpat kasi kada gamit ng auto,binubuksan nya yung hood pagkagarahe. ang malupit pa dun ay tinututukan pa nya yun ng electric fan! ahehe. kaya mula noon, ganun narin ginagawa ko at ng utol ko.

OT: pinupunasan nyo rin ba yung makina nyo every week para malinis?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i do it. but not for the reasons most have mentioned here. i do it, so that the rats do not sleep in the engine bay. nakapugot na ako ng daga pag-start ng makina..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
do you open your hood when you get home?