New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    can an toyota echo or echo verso make the climb to baguio? will it strain the engine?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    natetest ko lang car ko uphill when going to tagaytay.

madalas kami umuuwi ng la union so yung first two parts lang ng "test" ang nagagawa ko (nlex test and mcarthur highway test). farthest i got going up baguio (with me driving) is up to pugo/tubao.

btw, saan ba least taxing sa car (and driver) pag paakyat ka ng baguio? kennon, naguilian or aspiras (marcos) highway?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    btw, saan ba least taxing sa car (and driver) pag paakyat ka ng baguio? kennon, naguilian or aspiras (marcos) highway?
    I think it's Marcos Highway but the last stretch would require you to shift to 1st gear and floor the accelerator. Otherwise it's a comfortable drive.

I have driven up to baguio via marcos highway with my LPG fueled Corolla. No problems until I reached baguio. Given Baguio's air pressure is lower than in Metro Manila, my LPG kit as running a rich. Since I was only staying overnight, I didn't re-tuned my LPG regulator.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cody View Post
    can an toyota echo or echo verso make the climb to baguio? will it strain the engine?
    It would get there with no problems unless you have a very heavy load of people and luggage.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It would get there with no problems unless you have a very heavy load of people and luggage.
    thanks for the reply but can it climb using 2nd gear or should i use 1st gear & will it strain the engine if i will be using 1st gear at high rpm all the time?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I am driving a 1.3 Avanza. I would like to bring it up to Baguio. So far, Tagaytay pa lang via Balibago-Tagaytay road.

Pinaka matinding akyatan was sa monesteryo sa Tarlac.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    IMO, mas taxing sa Kennon dahil sa masikip na lane. Imagine kung masyadong mabagal yung sinusundan mo (i.e. truck), you might stay on the low gear (2nd or 3rd) kasi minsan hirap mag overtake. I was once caught in a kilometer long traffic dahil tatlong mahahabang trucks na magkakasunod ang nasa unahan. We virtually had to crawl at snail's pace.

Compared to marcos highway (my Lynx can traverse it often on 3rd or 4th gear), marcos allows you more room to manuever around. Ibang usapan na pag nasa Badiwan Taloy Sur na. Diyan mo na mate test yung Torque power.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    You don't have to worry if you have the Torque.
    I wonder someone with the Cherry QQ can share his ride's performance going up to Baguio but definitely unsure ako sa bagong TATA whatsoever....

just my 100 centavo -

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by teeyoh View Post
    You don't have to worry if you have the Torque.
    I wonder someone with the Cherry QQ can share his ride's performance going up to Baguio but definitely unsure ako sa bagong TATA whatsoever....

just my 100 centavo -
    That is a very good question.

At least ok lang na walang aircon ang tata nano. malamig sa baguio. :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I think the best test would be Manila - Banawe - Sagada - Baguio - Manila. Kinaya ng 6 yr old Honda sedan ko yan. It was in the month of May kaya may kasama pang konting floods, mud, rain.

After that, I discovered some problems with the radiator, suspension, and tires. Now it's fixed, I am confident it can go anywhere.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Can You Take your new ride To Baguio?