1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga Euro Diesels padin...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yung sasakyan ni flintstone. hehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    niky, I was expecting more fuel efficiency from the crosswind... but the numbers you gave are almost the same I get now from my Adventure (M/T)... hmmm... careful with the accelerator, friend.

pero sabi sa topic "gas" efficient car... hindi kaya OT tayo kasi diesel sa atin... pero kung strictly gas vehicles ang usapan, I'm rooting for the kia picanto, the honda jazz and the daihatsu compacts.
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 11th, 2004 at 01:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    peeps the topic here is not for the honda insight. it's for the most fuel efficient car. stay on track ayt?

for me it's the city 1.3 and the vios 1.3 for gas engines.
    for diesel it's the crosswind.

Why won't they bring over the Hybrid and the Prius? instead of those gas guzzling V6s.

Saw the Picanto at Greenhills last Sat. Priced at around Php330+K, half the price of a City... not bad at all. Workmanship looks good. You get a 1.1li Fuel injected engine although there are no power windows, sales lady said that it does 16km/li city driving.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Totoo ba na yung BMW530d gets over 20km/liter of diesel ?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    medyo mahal pa ang production ng hybrid kaya wala pa dito. anyway, any input on fuel consumption ng nissan cefiro dyan?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sub 1000cc 3cyclinder gasoline rock on the contest..typical JDM k-series can rose 22km/L++..as long as sub 1ton yung weigth..>>

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also wonder how the hybrids would do sa manila, they generate a lot of reserve electricity during braking, but most of our travel is nakahinto, it can't generate that much electricity from stop and go traffic, do you end up driving a heavy 1.3L car?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RafRaf: the mileage I gave for the Crosswind was worst case scenario in city driving... my average is actually 16km/l mixed.

I'd go for the Picanto, too. The Jazz has the most utility, but it's so damn expensive!

The problem with hybrids is AC... when the AC depletes the batteries enough, the engine STILL has to turn on to recharge. And until the batteries recharge, yes, it will be sluggish! This was noted by testers in the US. Imagine how much of the time the batteries will be drained in Manila traffic!

I've seen the Prius here in the Philippines, but I can't get any word from anyone about whether it will be offered locally or whether they've finished testing it. It's a nice car, not as big as the new Altis, but bigger (I think) than the old Corolla.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best gas efficient car is......