New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    2004 Honda Insight (manual) according to:
    http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/08/pf/a...ex.htm?cnn=yes

26 kilometers per liter (city driving). Very impressive.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hindi pinaka-efficient pero nakakagulat

2004 CAMRY 2.4 - P1000 = 320km+

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... but if you take it in practical terms... that's 3.85 liters per 100km in city driving.

The Crosswind is approximately 10 kilometers per liter in city driving... (16-19kpl on the highway) average of 10 liters / 100km.

The Insight can seat 2 people... a little cargo... the Crosswind can seat 7 people comfortably, 11 if you're pushing it... and can carry lots of cargo...

So, all other things being equal, the Insight consumes 1.925 liters to drive 1 person 100km.

The Crosswind consumes an average of 1.43 liters to drive 1 person (assuming 7 passengers) 100km. Sa Crosswind nalang ako. :D

Or sa Prius, 25.5 km/l, 3,92 liters/100km, or 0.784 liters to drive 1 person (of 5) 100km. Bwehehe... economy really is relative.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    what if nag-iisa ka lang sa crosswind? hindi siya practical

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, mas practical siya in terms of fuel economy versus almost anything else... Average ko is around 14-17 km/l in mixed mode (depending on traffic.)

Andaya ng Insight... most of its economy is from its light weight and small size... the Prius has similar numbers BUT can carry more people and do more things, has better acceleration and acts just like a normal road car. The Insight is a publicity gimmick, the Prius and the Honda Civic Hybrid are the real things.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ang tipid naman ng crosswind... yun mazda 323 ko, 6-7km lang per L

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Smart City/Fortwo is not a hybrid and can do 25.51KpL in gas form, 4.7 litres of diesel fuel per 100 km in city driving and 3.6 litres per 100 km on highways. Correct me if I'm wrong but what I know of hybrids is that you need an external powersupply to recharge the batteries. If that's the case then dagdag gastos lang sa Meralco siya.

van_wilder: I dont think a Crosswind is practical if you dont need the space for passengers or cargo. Funny that your 323 consumes 6-7KpL. It's as takaw as an Evo. ;)

niky: The Insight was designed for fuel effieciency for certain market requirements. It's like saying F1 cars are madaya because they use carbonfiber to reduce weight. It's just better technology and different auto design priorities. Crosswinds are good if you want gppd fuel economy and the ability to carry a lot of people and cargo at a price point that wouldnt be weighed down by high tech, weight saving but pricey technology & materials.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hybrids like the Insight don't need external electricity anymore... the batteries are charged by their gasoline engine.

Well, F1 cars are built to win races... no problem with cheating on cost and weight. But if you were to list real-world fuel use, I think it should be looked at as fuel-consumption versus capacity. The Insight is the least practical of the Hybrids... I kinda like the Prius better. In experimental use as a taxi, it saved its operator quite a lot over time... also due in a large part to lower maintenance costs versus pure gasoline powered cars.

6-7km/l is just about right for city driving... about 5 kilometers per hour. :D

I thought my economy was going great in my RS till I went to Divisoria... my economy dropped like a stone in Divi traffic.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pwede pa nilang baguhin ung design ng Insight sa future.. add more passenger and cargo space. Isa pa..hindi naman Pilipinas ang target market ng Insight, so why worry.
    Last edited by kiper; October 11th, 2004 at 05:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Again it isnt cheating. They're designed for that purpose. One could say the Crosswind is cheating because it uses a diesel so the cost of fuel is lower on a per liter basis. For people who seldom bring another passenger like those going to work the Insight is practical because you dont have to lug around excessive seats and cargo capacity that add weight. Weight kills fuel efficiency.

In Divi I think it is better to walk if you're willing to put up with the heat, pollution and the humanity.

As kiper mentioned I dont think the Insight/Prius/Smart will appeal to the senses of the local market due to tried and tested beliefs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best gas efficient car is......