The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: For or Against... Modifying your vehicle

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Definitely! I need more ooomph!

36 73.47%
  • No! My current setup works fine.

9 18.37%
  • Maybe, I'll just buy another vehicle with the extra cash.

4 8.16%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ian_rex
    hmmm. interesting topic really. well, for me, definitely i'm against it. at least for now, (wala pa kasi akong pera) since ok naman ang performance ng mga rides namin. pero ok sana kung magmo-mod ako, e todo na. say i'm on the side of extremes. kung stock, stock, kung modified talagang modified. hehehe. pero i prefer yung stock e, kasi yung sa market value e mataas kesa sa modified.
    Modifying to the extreme is very expensive and also depends on the base car you will be modifying. Some cars are pretty good and only require a minimum amount of modification to be just right for the driver.

Another is the skill level of the driver (money is another but thats for another discussion), can he handle a 500HP monster compared to a 180HP turbocharged compact sedan?

Highly modified cars also need a lot more attention from its owner/driver. Its not something you can drive everyday anymore. It will need more maintenance just to keep that level of performance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    Stock makes more sense as you grow older.
    yup... a stock Toyota MR2 spyder or Honda S2000 makes a lot of sense. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    me too. besides, where's the fun in completing your own project and modding your car exactly the way you want it if it's already done? :D
    actually its more of HOW the mods were done. I've seen enough improperly modified cars to make you cry. If the mods were done right and you know the owner, why not?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by alpha-q
    same here! buying modified cars is like buying and abused vehicle!
    but even a stock car can be in even worst shape than a race driven car.

When my gf was looking for a 2nd hand car to buy, we came across a 97 Sentra 1.6 A/T with a very bad shift shock when ever the automatic tranny shifted gears. The "seller" claimed its how this particular model shifts. I didn't believe him because I ahve driven 3 other cars of the same exact model before we tested his car.

Note: the seller is actually a dealer from Nissan U.N. Avenue.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I hate improperly modded vehicles... I ripped out my bro's mods before and told him to do it right if he were to do it at all... in the end, he spent more, but the car became better because of it.

I believe in mods like suspension, brakes, wheels and tires... anything that makes the car handle better and perform better without decreasing useability is a must on any motor vehicle.

power adders are a mixed bag. Really weak engines benefit a lot from i/h/e mods, but there comes a point where power vs. fuel efficiency vs. longevity comes into play, so I guess it depends on how far you are willing to go.

I'm PRO-MODS, as long as you don't do something that will damage your car or ruin it permanently (like spoilers and body kits that require you to drill your bodywork, or ultra-stiff or cut spirngs that will ruin your bushings and shocks).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mods are good, basta effective at tasteful hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it really depends on what you plan to do with your car...

what i really hate is to see people "mod" their car to the nines... then drive like their grandma... sayang lang!

or those gaudy setups... complete with useless mods... with those ugly stickers...

what i'd prefer is clean mod... nice paint job... nice set of mags... and some mechanical tweak...

but right now, am more in favor of stock-is-good. heck, i have yet to see a vehicle go faster than me in the expressway.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    but right now, am more in favor of stock-is-good. heck, i have yet to see a vehicle go faster than me in the expressway.
    that just means we haven't met up on the expressway. ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda

what i'd prefer is clean mod... nice paint job... nice set of mags... and some mechanical tweak...

simple pero rock.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hmmm... For me it depends on the vehicle and what I'm gonna use it for.

I mean, for a family mover, say a minivan or SUV or any of those big vehicles, a good sound setup is enough "mod" for me.

For a daily driver, one or two passengers regularly, maybe light mods - I/H/E, brakes, suspension, wheels. But depends on the car. It's got to have potential. But I would not do it on a brand new car. Nanghihinayang ako dahil di pa naman sira. Right now, my philosophy is: if it ain't broke, don't replace it. That's because wala naman din akong maraming pera.

For a project car, well, I'd go all out for street and occasional track use (and of course if I have the money ).

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
For or Against... Modifying your vehicle