The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: For or Against... Modifying your vehicle

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Definitely! I need more ooomph!

36 73.47%
  • No! My current setup works fine.

9 18.37%
  • Maybe, I'll just buy another vehicle with the extra cash.

4 8.16%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got this idea while reading the maiden issue of Top Gear Philippines. I hope they won't mind me asking the same questions for tsikoteers.

Would you modify you current ride into something more flashier/ faster than it's supposed to? No mumbo jumbo, cut springs, stickers and fart mufflers. The real deal only, original branded parts for optimum performance. When it comes to financial quotes, your current state will do. No "I wish...", "If I win the lotto..." and etc.

Would you take a vehicle in perfect working order that was designed by highly competent engineers and change it? Why?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think I dont need to modify my car to add more "ooomph". As long as my engine is always in its good conditon and optimum performance, I'd rather spend my cash on maintaining it rather than spending it in something that is not practical. For me, I don't need faster car to go to anywhere else. Modified cars to boost their speed is useless most of all if you're on city driving and in heavy traffic jams like in Manila. hehe.... :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i would like to do some minor modifications to my ride. i'm talking about original loweing springs and I/H/E upgrade. and maybe bigger wheels and tires. that's it. or maybe i can add a brake upgrade and HID lights for safety purposes.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan ko..

pero pag may nilagay ka na di kasama sa ride mo then it means may mods ka na.. kahit sticker yan...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    body car mods and in&out detailing will do... but engine mods and fart muffler.. no way. baka mamura pa ako ng kapitbahay ko sa ingay ng tambutso ko!! hehe.... :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kapag SAFARI or LC80 auto ko..okay lang.

Kumpleto ARB, TJM, Bilstein etc..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaniya kaniyang trip lang yan mga dudes....

to each his own.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i'd get the right vehicle for the job but then again, even those high zoot exotics are still tunable and have high performance aftermarket parts ready for them as well

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    similar ang manner of thinking ko with ser glennster.."to each his own"..ang lifestyle ni juan dont fit with that of pedro in its entirety..

i am the only male in my family..i may have the extra dough for mods of all sorts but it adds up to my preoccupation because things can backfire ako pa nasisi ng pamilya ko..abala at dagdag palaisipan..hehehe..

pasticker-sticker nalang and unobtrusive fancy little things inside the car..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung kaya (ng bulsa) bakit hindi, lalo na kung DIY lang. pero syempre sleeper look, and absolutely no stickers advertising you have this and that. i'm talking thermo wraps, light pulleys, K&N or even a cai, mga bagay na kaya ko gawin ng walang mekaniko sa tabi ko. but these are all just for satisfying my "siraniko" urges.

i've done the thermo wraps, will get the K&N next (hopefully this october, sana di ako maholdap ni misis), i have the drawing for my cai but i just don't have time to do it really, and takot pa ako butasan ang hood ng car! ayaw ko ng binili lang, gusto ko ako gagawa. then maybe the pulleys.

kung talagang "oooomph!" ang gusto ko e di benta ang car at bumili ng car na mas malaki makina. but i love mine so hindi mangyayari yan hehehe! tipid pa sa gas!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
For or Against... Modifying your vehicle