The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: For or Against... Modifying your vehicle

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Definitely! I need more ooomph!

36 73.47%
  • No! My current setup works fine.

9 18.37%
  • Maybe, I'll just buy another vehicle with the extra cash.

4 8.16%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gretzy
    alin ba ang mas mataas ang resale value stock o modified?
    typically, mods do not add to the resale value of the car.

personally I would rather buy a stock 2nd hand car than one with its suspension and engine modified. It because I would suspect the driver/owner to have abused the car a bit harder than the stock car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Would you modify you current ride into something more flashier/ faster than it's supposed to? No mumbo jumbo, cut springs, stickers and fart mufflers. The real deal only, original branded parts for optimum performance. When it comes to financial quotes, your current state will do. No "I wish...", "If I win the lotto..." and etc.

yes I would modify my car. I prefer my cars to handle better than stock. This would include suspension, wheels, engine, etc.

Would you take a vehicle in perfect working order that was designed by highly competent engineers and change it? Why?
    Thats the same question my dad asks me why I modified my cars.

Those same engineers designed these cars (like the toyota corolla, honda civic, nissan sentra, etc) for the general public in mind. They (engineers) also have constrains like fuel economy, emissions, price, ride comfort, noise, etc.

But I am not Mr. General Public, I prefer my ride to handle better at the cost of slightly stiffer ride quality. I like my car to accelerate better at the cost of slightly less fuel economy and a bit more noise.

Of course I still have safety & emissions in mind thats why I am running with better brakes & bigger catalytic converter.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    typically, mods do not add to the resale value of the car.

personally I would rather buy a stock 2nd hand car than one with its suspension and engine modified. It because I would suspect the driver/owner to have abused the car a bit harder than the stock car.
    i think so too

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    hmmm. interesting topic really. well, for me, definitely i'm against it. at least for now, (wala pa kasi akong pera) since ok naman ang performance ng mga rides namin. pero ok sana kung magmo-mod ako, e todo na. say i'm on the side of extremes. kung stock, stock, kung modified talagang modified. hehehe. pero i prefer yung stock e, kasi yung sa market value e mataas kesa sa modified.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    same here! buying modified cars is like buying and abused vehicle!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya nga dapat itago mo yung mga stock parts na aalisin mo during modification. pag ibenta mo na e di ibalik, stock na naman hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Poops
    The best engineers who made our cars... have to keep costs down
    ...thereby creating reason for customers to modify.

actually we modify a car because we find the upscale model too costly :bwahaha:
    Last edited by 109; September 5th, 2004 at 11:27 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    me too. besides, where's the fun in completing your own project and modding your car exactly the way you want it if it's already done? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stock makes more sense as you grow older.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think it depends on 2 things:
    1. Is the car you wana modify your everyday car? It depends kasi where you go for work or gimiks. Kung weekend car pwedeng pwede magmod!
    2. Do you have money? Its a risk kasi if you only spend your money on setting up your car. Sa economics kung tawagin ay opportunity costs.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
For or Against... Modifying your vehicle