I don't know what to do here and would appreciate any suggestions. It looks like the transmission of my focus is finished before the car has reached just 25,000km:

My second hand focus TDCI started to occasionally shudder when accelerating and violently bucking when backing up. It's a 2009 model with under 25,000km (warranty expired earlier this year) and was a joy to drive up to that point.

When this started happening back in September, I immediately took it to the Casa. They found that the transmission fluid was black, said it might be the cause and that it should be changed (at a cost of P16,000). That didn't solve the problem. Seems the bottom line is there is some unspecified problem with the transmission and it will likely need replacing. They're trying to isolate exactly what it is but haven't yet been able to do so. Since the powershift DCT transmission is a sealed unit, unless I'm lucky they think i need a new one- which will cost P375,000(!).

I see no way that this problem could be caused by the driver/owner. The dual clutch transmission is a sealed unit and doesn't require regular maintenance. It's an automatic- and so can't be abused by over-revving, misuse of clutch, etc. I think there may be a problem with the focus powershift design itself (try googling "ford focus DCT vibration" if you're interested).

More than a month ago, I wrote executives at Ford Group Philippines to ask whether they would consider extending the warranty to cover this. Apart from an initial response that they would give this their "utmost attention", I haven't heard from them and they haven't responded to any follow up emails.

So where I am now is:
-My Focus has been sitting in the Casa for over 2 months
-I've spent P16,000 on really expensive fluid, which I guess has a good chance of getting thrown out together with the transmission
-Ford can't say exactly what's wrong with it except that the solution is probably a ridiculously expensive transmission
-I can't get a response out of FGP
-It looks like there is no end to this in sight, and I am much less confident now that Ford has a solution than when this whole ordeal began

In summary after 2 months my car is still broken, and I still don't know exactly why. The only things that have changed since the time I brought this problem to Ford is I'm down a lot of cash, have lost use of the car since September, and have become extremely frustrated.

The casa has been responsive and I think is genuinely interested in figuring this out, but it seems they've been having problems getting parts they need from the plant to isolate the issue because the car doesn't have complete service records covering it's time with the previous owner. (none of those service intervals by the way have anything to do with the transmission- essentially filter changes and engine oil replacement).

Would any of you have suggestions on what I can do, or better yet experienced something similar and been able to solve it? I don't have anywhere near P375k to spend on on this. Even if it cost much less, I think it's crazy to have to change a transmission at under 25,000km. Especially one supposedly as advanced as the Powershift.

I'd be very thankful for any advice that could help me out of this mess.