New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Curious cat here, what's the logic behind this???
    Who knows? Maybe it's because outside air in the US is cold enough, so it saves you some gas from lower compressor usage? (I actually open the outside vents when I'm driving alone at night and just turn the compressor off)

Or maybe they have cleaner air and don't mind having it open? Who knows?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've been thinking about that too. hehe

If i happen to own one, i'd probably mod it myself.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    the last time i went to the US, i drove an explorer from LA to vegas. okay naman. i'm guessing its the streets here in manila that's causing undue and excessive wear and tear on the vehicle. that being said, for a 2.2M vehicle, that really sucks.

if you ask me, your explorer looks like its okay. no major mechanical problems so far. what i'd do if i was in your position: forget the casa (they aren't doing a good job anyway) and bring your explorer to your trusted shops instead. for the aircon, i once had this problem with my honda civic. i brought it to an aircon place and they traced the problem to an incomplete closing of the outside vent. they fixed it and haven't had any problems from the aircon since.

for the rattling interior trims, bring it to an interior/upholstery place. let them dismantle the interior and apply foam insulation. that should do the trick.

while its bad that you got shortchanged with this purchase, i think you can make the most of it by having the problems fixed. i know that sucks pero i cannot fathom losing P1M in just two years (if you sell the car now). personally, i'd salvage the car by fixing the problem and sell the car after about 5 years. by then, the resale value shouldn't have depreciated much from today (it seems to me that the resale value has already depreciated to its lowest value and shouldn't go down much anymore). sayang kasi and besides, the explorer does look nice.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I think the real problem is that you have not been given the quality of service that you deserve. If Ford Global was able to fix your car's problems then you wouldn't be complaining here. Why don't you try other dealers. I have been going to Ford Edsa and have received great service from them. Of course, I make an appointment first before I go there due to the limited space they have. I also got my Explorer in July 2005 and I have no complaints.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a good idea, pero the "good" dealerships are really crowded. I'd recommend Alabang (my dealership), but you need to make an appointment there, too, because they're overcrowded.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    U.S. car sakitin at nakakainis pa. Puti pa yun gawang ng mga japan maganda at matibay hindi sinasabi perfect ang gawa ng japan. Sabi nga ng puti nakausap ko "they want us to buy US made car etc..., I bought one it's such a headache had to go to the dealer or shop all the time" "when I bought a toyota all it needed was gas & oil changed it ran without any problems" this is just my opinion pero ang dami ko naririnig na negative feedback from u.s. cars hindi pa ata ako nakadinig ng positive.

I wish u.s. cars would bring back the 60's magic where they made great cars.

FORD = Found On the Road Dead

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    U.S. car sakitin at nakakainis pa. Puti pa yun gawang ng mga japan maganda at matibay hindi sinasabi perfect ang gawa ng japan. Sabi nga ng puti nakausap ko "they want us to buy US made car etc..., I bought one it's such a headache had to go to the dealer or shop all the time" "when I bought a toyota all it needed was gas & oil changed it ran without any problems" this is just my opinion pero ang dami ko naririnig na negative feedback from u.s. cars hindi pa ata ako nakadinig ng positive.
    ito din ang sabi ni Ex ko sa US....after nia bumili ng Ford Windstar..ilan beses sia pabalik balik sa CASA.. sa asar nia trade in nia na lang ng RAV 4

FORD = Found On the Road Dead
    ilan beses din sia itinirik..lakas pa naman minsan ng ulan .pinagalitan ko pa noon bakit kasi d na sia nag japanese car non

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    ito din ang sabi ni Ex ko sa US....after nia bumili ng Ford Windstar..ilan beses sia pabalik balik sa CASA.. sa asar nia trade in nia na lang ng RAV 4

ilan beses din sia itinirik..lakas pa naman minsan ng ulan .pinagalitan ko pa noon bakit kasi d na sia nag japanese car non
    Wow... so my Lynx is an exception? 55,000 kms and running... no repairs not resulting from accidents or potholes yet... ...oops... forgot, it's a Mazda underneath... :lol:

Pero, truthfully, there are tons of defective American Ford SUVs out there... but there are some who don't have any problems.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Wow... so my Lynx is an exception? 55,000 kms and running... no repairs not resulting from accidents or potholes yet... ...oops... forgot, it's a Mazda underneath... :lol:

Pero, truthfully, there are tons of defective American Ford SUVs out there... but there are some who don't have any problems.
    my '99 Exped XLT had some suspension and airconditioning problems. perhaps that batch wasn't really intended for tropical, 3rd world countries which is why the suspension couldn't handle our beautiful roads and the a/c our cold climate. i'm at least thankful that the air suspension did not give while it was still with me.

to each his own ownership experience, i suppose. whether you buy a jap, euro, american car, some are going to be headaches while some are going to be really good. to me, my exped hurt me the most coz of the expensive parts that had to be replaced. since these had to be done at a ford casa, parts prices were expensive. thankfully, on the other hand, my prado isn't giving me any problems with about 25K on the clock.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rsc6288 View Post
    Btw, the default for the Explorer is not to recirculate...have to press the recirculate button every time you turn on the aircon on the car..........
    Isn't this also the case of the '99 model Cefiro's climate control?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Ford Explorer Problems