New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Ylanan View Post
    My only complaint is the leg room for the rear passengers; 3 people at 5ft 8in will be a tight fit.
    Something I posted before.

Quote from the presenter/tester: "The new car is ever so slightly longer than its predecessor as a result... look, knee room is really impressive, however the body is a bit lower and a bit narrower yet as you can see, headroom is reasonable and i'm 5 foot 11 and you can sit 3 adults abreast here, no problem"

At least we know someone 5' 11" or shorter will be able to sit in the rear with some level of comfort.

PS: Most of the time I get in a car in the showroom its as if a 6'7" basketball player sat in it with the front seats always pushed back. :hihihi:
    Last edited by AG4; August 23rd, 2012 at 02:54 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Ylanan View Post
    I was able to see the sedan variant in the flesh in Festival Mall. Also was able to test out its features. (Except for Blind Spot Information System)

Ford Focus Experience -> View #197Enrico Antonio Ylanan

The tech, for its class, definitely deserves some high marks. It is well equipped for the price, but really was hoping to see the Duratec released at the same time. My only complaint is the leg room for the rear passengers; 3 people at 5ft 8in will be a tight fit. On a plus side, visibility is good all around (despite my height at 6ft flat) and the steering was good (not really able to test due to parking lot speeds).

In my opinion it's a definite winner versus its rivals (Civic, Elantra, etc.) in terms of looks, dynamics and technology. But in size, it kinda falls short...
    Perhaps you mean Duratorq? This does come with the Duratec already. Sadly, the diesels will never come, Ford themselves said so.

Regarding space, it really is cramped compared to spacious compacts like the Elantra (largest in class from my experience), Civic, or Lancer EX. Slightly more roomy than an Altis though, and noticeably more spacious than its Mazda 3 cousin.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    What's your take on the entry level Focus at P850k plus?

My mom was 95% sure of getting an accent, until I played devil's advocate and told her to take a look at the fiesta, she agreed, and so I accompanied her to check out some units, but lo and behold there it was sitting on the left side of Ford Edsa Greenhills showroom..assisted by a good looking SA named Joy. We checked out the Fiesta for formalities but then we drifted towards the titanium model. The unit displayed was way out of budget at a price of P1.2M with all the goodies and toys..but scanning the price list given to me by Joy, my eyes focused on the lowliest focus with a price tag of P859k without discounts. My mom asked, anong wala sa 850 na andito sa nakdisplay, so blah blah Joy enumerated everything..but my mom wasn't listening...she liked the shape, the dimensions, the look and best of all she hated driving AT's so the entry level MT was perfect for her. Then I asked if they have a unit there in the casa so I may check it out, unfortunately they don't, its in their warehouse daw in Cubao..geez. Joy told me she would schedule daw an occular when I'm free. I said ok, I'll wait for your call I said.

So with a price difference to the accent almost P200k but you get an all new bigger focus but almost bare, do you think its worth it?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    What's your take on the entry level Focus at P850k plus?

My mom was 95% sure of getting an accent, until I played devil's advocate and told her to take a look at the fiesta, she agreed, and so I accompanied her to check out some units, but lo and behold there it was sitting on the left side of Ford Edsa Greenhills showroom..assisted by a good looking SA named Joy. We checked out the Fiesta for formalities but then we drifted towards the titanium model. The unit displayed was way out of budget at a price of P1.2M with all the goodies and toys..but scanning the price list given to me by Joy, my eyes focused on the lowliest focus with a price tag of P859k without discounts. My mom asked, anong wala sa 850 na andito sa nakdisplay, so blah blah Joy enumerated everything..but my mom wasn't listening...she liked the shape, the dimensions, the look and best of all she hated driving AT's so the entry level MT was perfect for her. Then I asked if they have a unit there in the casa so I may check it out, unfortunately they don't, its in their warehouse daw in Cubao..geez. Joy told me she would schedule daw an occular when I'm free. I said ok, I'll wait for your call I said.

So with a price difference to the accent almost P200k but you get an all new bigger focus but almost bare, do you think its worth it?
    The P859K model is the base 125PS 1.6 liter Ambiente MT, it has the usual basic features like dual-airbags, ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, power windows, power door locks, power side mirrors, global open/close window (using the key fob). Unlike the higher models, the Ambinete comes with 16 inch steel wheels with full wheel covers (but uses the same 205/60R16 tire-size as higher models).
    I asked Ford Manila, back-up sensors can be added as a dealer option.

I haven't seen the actual local spec Ambiente model but based on the info, it should look similar to this.... except lefthand drive.

If you can live without alloy wheels, I think its worth considering, specially if you like its styling, solid build and good handling. If you prefer more bling though, there are also other choices out there like the 1.6 liter Lancer EX GLX for example.
    Last edited by AG4; August 23rd, 2012 at 10:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    same kaya ng bolt pattern ng mk2?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cyplanr View Post
    same kaya ng bolt pattern ng mk2?
    Same bolt pattern.

PS: In Europe one of the optional wheels for the low-end Focus appears to be the same 16 inch Y-spoke alloys used on the facelifted Mk2.5 Focus Sport and TDCi models.

Just checked the European brochure, some larger optional wheels for the new Focus in Europe also appear to be carried over from the Mk2.5 Focus' option/accessories list.
    Last edited by AG4; August 24th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The P859K model is the base 125PS 1.6 liter Ambiente MT, it has the usual basic features like dual-airbags, ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, power windows, power door locks, power side mirrors, global open/close window (using the key fob). Unlike the higher models, the Ambinete comes with 16 inch steel wheels with full wheel covers (but uses the same 205/60R16 tire-size as higher models).
    I asked Ford Manila, back-up sensors can be added as a dealer option.

I haven't seen the actual local spec Ambiente model but based on the info, it should look similar to this.... except lefthand drive.

If you can live without alloy wheels, I think its worth considering, specially if you like its styling, solid build and good handling. If you prefer more bling though, there are also other choices out there like the 1.6 liter Lancer EX GLX for example.

Well at least it looks better than the base Elantra with its de-suksok setero system hahaha

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Same bolt pattern.

PS: In Europe one of the optional wheels for the low-end Focus appears to be the same 16 inch Y-spoke alloys used on the facelifted Mk2.5 Focus Sport and TDCi models.

Just checked the European brochure, some larger optional wheels for the new Focus in Europe also appear to be carried over from the Mk2.5 Focus' option/accessories list.
    ayun, pede na kahit low end, hanap na lang ng nagbebenta ng mags kung gusto na stock look pa rin at alloys

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789