New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Miller Cycle EcoBoost can go up to 148hp (150PS) at 5300rpm (Brazilian version). Torque remains at 225Nm. 7 extra hp at 100rpm higher.
    Maybe ford needed a different tune for the miller cycle(that i keep mixing up with atkinson) to make it work with brazil's E25 fuel ?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    Maybe ford needed a different tune for the miller cycle(that i keep mixing up with atkinson) to make it work with brazil's E25 fuel ?
    No Flex-fuel version for Brazil, at least for now. According to Ford, it would have delayed the launch by half a year if they developed one first.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    sa experience ko naman sa BMW ng boss ko...

ang laki ng kailangan nyang parking space!
    I've never tried the one in the BMW. As seen in some videos Active Park Assist will ask you to go forward again, then reverse again, so it can adjust itself into a spot. Does the BMW park assist do this too?

2020 Ford Territory 1.5L EcoBoost Titanium Part 2 - [SoJooCars] - YouTube (29:16 mark)
    Last edited by AG4; August 17th, 2020 at 07:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I've never tried the one in the BMW. As seen in some videos Active Park Assist will ask you to go forward again, then reverse again, so it can adjust itself into a spot. Does the BMW park assist do this too?
    Yes... it will make the necessary adjustments...

Kaya lang, as the car is also wider... halos ayaw ng sensor nya mag-park sa regular parking lots.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Yes... it will make the necessary adjustments...

Kaya lang, as the car is also wider... halos ayaw ng sensor nya mag-park sa regular parking lots.
    I see, is that parallel or reverse perpendicular parking? The one in the video on my previous post looks like the average parking we see in malls/ car park buildings.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Bilib ako sa video ha, that slot is already too tight for me

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Most of the stuff Ford put in in the top of the line model is, in my opinion, totally unnecessary.

I just looked at a brochure recently. Just looking at the specs of the base model, it’s pretty much complete. Leather seats and panoramic moonroof na pala kahit base model lang. The value for money is outstanding. But... I wish they could’ve gone for the new 1.5L Ecoboost equipped with both DI and port injection from the new Focus, kahit detuned man lang sana. Made in China na rin naman yun. And also, the CVT really sticks out like a sore thumb in the spec list... meron naman silang 8 speed auto.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Just looking at the specs of the base model, it’s pretty much complete. Leather seats and panoramic moonroof na pala kahit base model lang. The value for money is outstanding. But... I wish they could’ve gone for the new 1.5L Ecoboost equipped with both DI and port injection from the new Focus, kahit detuned man lang sana. Made in China na rin naman yun.
    They are made in different JV plants, the Focus in the Changan Ford plant, the Terriotry in the JMC-Ford plant. The Territory's EcoBoost engine has Direct-injection.

Ford China probably also wants to keep a gap between the Territory and the Chinese-market old gen Kuga, so they didn't drop in the stronger 1.5 EcoBoost.
    The upper compact SUV segment in China is split between the old gen Kuga and all-new Escape (which is only offered in high-spec trims)

And also, the CVT really sticks out like a sore thumb in the spec list... meron naman silang 8 speed auto.
    The Territory was designed to optimize fuel economy, low emissions and smooth shifting, so they went with a CVT. The sportiest it will ever get is with the "Sport Mode" that allows the engine to rev higher and it has eight pre-set gear ratios for "+" "-"manual shifting.
    Last edited by AG4; August 18th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    They are made in different JV plants, one is Changan-Ford, the other is JMC-Ford. The Territory's engine has Direct-injection.
    Kaya nga. Direct injection lang. Needs maintenance with the intake valves in the long run as with all DI engines.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kaya nga. Direct injection lang. Needs maintenance with the intake valves in the long run as with all DI engines.
    Maybe that's what the thousands of Civic Turbo, EcoSport 1.0 EB, and Geely Coolray owners do. I haven't checked the Honda forums though, not sure if they have maintenance issues with the Direct injection 1.5 VTEC Turbo.
    Last edited by AG4; August 18th, 2020 at 12:49 AM.