New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 187 of 285 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2845
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    do you guys get sms notification when you connect your iphone5 to your car? i used to get sms notification when i connect my ip4 but ever since i changed to ip5 i don't get sms notification anymore. but everything else works fine.
    I don't have IPHONE 1 even so hehe! Can't share. But I can share that using different IPODs can cause confusion to the MFT. It happened when I used mine one day after using my wife's ipod.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    For anyone who is planning to bring in their EX for TSB 12-12-04 (Exhaust Smell), please be advised:

Ford Laguna called me and said they will also have to replace the right side Dual Rate Air Extractor. Originally, the TSB only replaces the left side. Yup, the engineers finally figured why replacing one side only will not work. DUH!!! I still doubt this will totally fix the issue. But anything helps for now. *sigh*

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I saw this an share want to share it to fellow EX owners.

My Country has 91 RON, 95 RON, and 98 RON fuel; is this the same as 91 US Octane and 93 US Octane?
    No, these are not the same. 91 RON is similar to 87 US Octane. 95 RON is similar to 91 US Octane. 98 RON is a little better than 93 US Octane. When filling out the custom tune form, you'll see RON selections for fuel type. Select the Fuel that you use and we will adjust the tune accordingly.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    The SCT that I've ordered was cancelled by the seller due to SCT is recalling the program for the Explorer. Never give up... I want SCT flash performance. Looking for another seller.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spynz View Post
    I saw this an share want to share it to fellow EX owners.

My Country has 91 RON, 95 RON, and 98 RON fuel; is this the same as 91 US Octane and 93 US Octane?
    No, these are not the same. 91 RON is similar to 87 US Octane. 95 RON is similar to 91 US Octane. 98 RON is a little better than 93 US Octane. When filling out the custom tune form, you'll see RON selections for fuel type. Select the Fuel that you use and we will adjust the tune accordingly.
    US and Canada uses the AKI (Anti-Knock Index), which is the average of RON (research octane number) and MON (motor octane number). As general rule of thumb, subtract 5 from our (Philippines) RON rating. For instance, our Unleaded variant with a 93 RON is the equivalent more or less in the US of 87 Octane. Our Premium Unleaded 98 RON is more or less 93 US RON equivalent.

REFERENCE GUIDE: wikipedia

Note: I've heard through the grapevine that all major oil players will downgrade the gasoline by switching 93 RON to the existing 91 RON and 95 RON to 93 RON. You'll notice this with SHELL V-Power Nitro+. Nitro+ is only 93 RON but SHELL said it is loaded with additives thus making it more PREMIUM than its FUEL SAVE Unleaded variant.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    am i the only one who get the worst FC using shell products on any of my cars? i get better FC with petron and caltex.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    am i the only one who get the worst FC using shell products on any of my cars? i get better FC with petron and caltex.
    You're not alone. I used the Nitro+ last December and it did not give the best FC compared to Caltex Gold.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I only fill Blaze for my EX. It's more responsive than other fuel. Before i used Nitro Racing but didn't feel much difference.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    nice, i thought that i was the only one getting bad FC with shell. i also think that blaze is more responsive compared to other fuel products but it's a waste if you only drive in metro manila. i only use blaze when going out of town and caltex gold when i'm only going to use my car in the city.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have not tried Caltex Gold. Palagi XCS at minsan Shell Nitro naman. Sige nga masubukan ko ang Gold. Thanks for the tip. Ok ba Unioil o Seaoil? Hehe

2012 New Ford Explorer