New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Krispy Kreme will be a...

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • HUGE HIT

4 10.26%
  • a dud

6 15.38%
  • just your other everyday donut shop

29 74.36%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    ok KK, i think they will make it big here, not as big as starbucks though,based on the comments KK sold here are sweet, the one the that i had eaten werent that sweet, i hope KK adapts to the philippine market to boom.

dunkin donuts, adapts to phil market really well, their donut are to th pinoys taste, its not bad either, though it doesnt have that melt in your mouth feel.

mister donuts serves good coffee, i dunno if they still maintain the same brewed taste they serve before
    I really don't get Krispy Kreme... they don't taste categorically better than GoNuts. GoNuts, while better than most Dunkin or Mister Donut varieties, is usually too sweet for my taste.

One failed donut store that I used to love? Country Style... their Sour Cream (or was that Sour Dough) Donut was as tender as Gonuts are without being extremely sweet, and their French Cruillers were excrutiatingly light and flaky... melting in your mouth like manna from heaven... mhhhmmmm... excuse me a minute, I've got to go look for a donut shop...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wala pa tatalo sa DUNKIN

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    I wonder if the fact that pushing deliveries will not help the KK idea of "hot and fresh". kahit max must have taken a beating to try to get people to walk into their restos when they had the half chicken promo recently. when a company resorts to promo tactics too much they may be digging a hole for themselves...
    Max needs to have many commissaries like Dunkin donuts. main reason naman kaya unbeatable ang dunkin, kasi ang dami nyan commissary strategically located around the metro. delivery is still faster.

i have talked to that donut store in ATC. ang problema nya iisa lang kitchen niya. doon pa lang kita ko mahihirapan sila pero masarap yun mga donuts na like the ube and cheese donut.

Max, KFC, and other chicken-related restos medyo nag-suffer sa bird flu scare. kung makikita mo mga billboards & posters ni Max ngaun, may crispy pata na ala Gerry's grill. they're trying to tell the people, hey we're not only a chicken resto.

i'm pretty sure Max will offer Krispy Kreme sa mga Max's Resto around the Philippines. ganun din naman ang Krispy Kreme sa States d'ba? in-offer din sa mga dine-in, fine dining restos.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The problem of Max's is their chicken. I've tried so many times to appreciate their chicken but i simply don't like the dry rubber-ry product they call fried chicken.

Heck, i can cook chicken waaay better. I should start a resto when i grow old and grey. hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Krispy Kreme will be a HUGE hit...

... for six months!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bka sooner or later winchell's naman po ang susunod dito! hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    winchell's dati meron dun sa may school namin flop din.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yup recall seeing a winchells before.

in response to some...maybe country style couldnt get their expansion act together kaya si makalipad...just saw one here sa enterprise kaya si totally dead in the water.

on the thing about dunkin adapting to pinoy taste...could it be possible that the pinoy adapted to dunkin taste kasi omnipresent siya at dominant. kaya conditioned na ang pinoy sa dunkin so to speak.

go nuts makes no bones of the fact that they copied the KK thing with their donut theater and all. even the yeast process. now diba jollibee was a rip off naman of the american burger joint but expanded to suit pinoy tastes and needs (chicken and spaghetti and palabok etc.) I wonder if a donut shop per se will be able to have the same pull with its limited offerings. if coffee is the issue there are a host of coffee shops out there. benefit to consumer is there are lots of choices. bane to the negosyante is the market may be saturated? or is it not yet?

max's doing the crispy pata is a sign that they are trying to adapt to get more offerings to draw people in. but will it be able to compete against a dencios or gerry's in this game since those are upgrades of the ihaw ihaw beer garden? i cant see myself at max drinking...can you? i see it as an old franchise that is constantly trying to upgrade itself and not quite getting how the market is evolving...

fastfoods and restos appear to be under seige with the hybrids like terriyaki boy...imho

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    yup recall seeing a winchells before.

in response to some...maybe country style couldnt get their expansion act together kaya si makalipad...just saw one here sa enterprise kaya si totally dead in the water.

on the thing about dunkin adapting to pinoy taste...could it be possible that the pinoy adapted to dunkin taste kasi omnipresent siya at dominant. kaya conditioned na ang pinoy sa dunkin so to speak.

go nuts makes no bones of the fact that they copied the KK thing with their donut theater and all. even the yeast process. now diba jollibee was a rip off naman of the american burger joint but expanded to suit pinoy tastes and needs (chicken and spaghetti and palabok etc.) I wonder if a donut shop per se will be able to have the same pull with its limited offerings. if coffee is the issue there are a host of coffee shops out there. benefit to consumer is there are lots of choices. bane to the negosyante is the market may be saturated? or is it not yet?

max's doing the crispy pata is a sign that they are trying to adapt to get more offerings to draw people in. but will it be able to compete against a dencios or gerry's in this game since those are upgrades of the ihaw ihaw beer garden? i cant see myself at max drinking...can you? i see it as an old franchise that is constantly trying to upgrade itself and not quite getting how the market is evolving...

fastfoods and restos appear to be under seige with the hybrids like terriyaki boy...imho
    Once a restaurant starts cutting back its menu instead of diversifying, you know, already, that it's losing steam. Happened to a lot of my favorites...

I was really sad to see Country Style crop up one minute, then start to sag after a while. It really is a better donut shop than the regular Dunkin' and Mister' shops... great donuts, good sandwiches, soups...

Teriyaki boy? It may skim the top off the McDo / Jollibee market, but it can't approach the sheer volume of customers that the two get. And they're reaching that point where they're starting to slim down the menu a bit, to cut costs... not a good sign, frankly.

Jollibee is a good example of how not to lose market share after the "newness" wears off... give the customers something "new" to order every month! I've started eating Jollibee again (no choice, only 24 hour store in our area... Wendy's (which I used to love) is too far)... and the things they come up with, with limited ingredients and good budgeting, are insane!

Not very good, for the most part, but then, the menu will change before everyone gets sick of it. That's smart.

Max's? They're stuck in the same rut Shakey's and KFC found themselves in, not too long ago. If you build your identity around just one thing, it's hard to diversify and not lose it. Max's burgers? Ugh! Bad move! Crispy Pata? More in keeping with the Max identity, but still, who knows if they can cut it?

Shakey's is just managing... Pizza Hut has managed to do better by diversifying upmarket, but still in keeping with the Italian theme, and by adding more features to their Pizzas without adding too much to their ingredient base.

KFC has also managed to diversify its menu, well enough that it's gaining back some ground lost. You'll note, KFC offers a ton of choices, without needing to spend on many ingredients, either.

Of course, both KFC and Shakey's have better chicken than Max... give me Senor Pedro any time!
    Last edited by niky; December 12th, 2006 at 04:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    wala pa tatalo sa DUNKIN
    dagdag info lang...doughnut ang best seller sa mga convenience stores...pangalawa lang ang coke in can and other refreshments...nakita ko ito when we handled a Star Mart noon....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Will Krispy Kreme make it big in Pinas?