New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Krispy Kreme will be a...

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • HUGE HIT

4 10.26%
  • a dud

6 15.38%
  • just your other everyday donut shop

29 74.36%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    go nuts makes no bones of the fact that they copied the KK thing with their donut theater and all. even the yeast process. now diba jollibee was a rip off naman of the american burger joint but expanded to suit pinoy tastes and needs (chicken and spaghetti and palabok etc.) I wonder if a donut shop per se will be able to have the same pull with its limited offerings. if coffee is the issue there are a host of coffee shops out there. benefit to consumer is there are lots of choices. bane to the negosyante is the market may be saturated? or is it not yet?
    best move for gonuts? go countryside while max is busy opening M.M. branches.

but I believe it's inevitable na for gonuts, they wlll fold sooner if not later.

the only reason why some consumers are alienated from KK, is the price.

let's see at 500 per 2 dozen. that's 20 na lang. may tubo pa din si KK dito. plus the possibility of the mini-donut P10 only. nowadays, eto ang bumubuhay kay dunkin.

with only one ingredient/flavor sa KK glaze, di malayo maibaba ng max ito to that level. while yun dunkin, dami pa sahog. Dunkin is never identified with one flavor of donut to survive but KK is.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    got a taste of KK glazed last night.. sarap nga and it melts in your mouth.. ubos agad yung first donut but halfway through the 2nd, medyo naumay na ako.. too sweet for me..

the craze will fade within a year... unless they lower the price...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I really don't get Krispy Kreme... they don't taste categorically better than GoNuts. GoNuts, while better than most Dunkin or Mister Donut varieties, is usually too sweet for my taste.
    +1... same comment, I agree!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    let's see at 500 per 2 dozen. that's 20 na lang. may tubo pa din si KK dito. plus the possibility of the mini-donut P10 only. nowadays, eto ang bumubuhay kay dunkin.

with only one ingredient/flavor sa KK glaze, di malayo maibaba ng max ito to that level. while yun dunkin, dami pa sahog. Dunkin is never identified with one flavor of donut to survive but KK is.
    DD mini-donut is them trying to go after volume market yet work on thinner margins. if KK can get enough hooked on their price they make more with better margins like a premium product. would it be fair to say that those spending anyway are the haves vs the have nots? weak middle class is why their are a plethora of "low-priced" items. typical of a sachet oriented market. now pundits say that the fast food (QSR - quick service restaurant) have recently defined the threshold at 30 pesos. kaya most QSRs have this el cheapo offering similar to KFC crunch (is that what it is called?). or are trying to play on that threshold. Now that is for a meal. With the donut which isnt really a meal...how does that come into play?

oh and insiders claim that max's lost millions trying to subsidize their half chicken promo this year to generate consumption in the restos. did it pay off? did it generate volumes? or a temporary spike? has it drawn more to the max's experience? tendency of the market is not to be loyal to a brand but to promos. typical of a price sensitive market. ever notice how price keeps coming into play in these threads?

is the Max's group ignoring the threshold? more so with KK? Is this why go nuts is not packing them in as much now? or does go nuts have an economy offering too? like the mini-donut?
    Last edited by midinite; December 13th, 2006 at 09:44 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    cguro just for a few months then...wala lang

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ahh..for me NO..flexibility of Krispy Kreme is 1% nasa masa ang pera thats why politicians loves masa...opps OT na..hehhe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I think KK is opening ther Megamall branch soon.. so we'll see if the masses will grab it.

Then they'll open up their Greenhills branch 2Q of next year (bigger one than megamall)..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    I think KK is opening ther Megamall branch soon.. so we'll see if the masses will grab it.

Then they'll open up their Greenhills branch 2Q of next year (bigger one than megamall)..
    should be interesting to watch...should make a good start at megamall i would say. sustaining will be the key. greenhills may not make as big a splash but we shall see...overextending too quick is not really that good but this is no taco bell. pinoys naturally will gravitate to a sweet product...now in megamall there will be lots of competition yet a huge market at the same time.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The only problem I see is if the other companies manage to make donuts that are just as good yet much less expensive.

My answer is, it can be a big hit.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The only problem I see is if the other companies manage to make donuts that are just as good yet much less expensive.

My answer is, it can be a big hit.
    kamusta ang KK sa states. sabi daw not too hot.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Will Krispy Kreme make it big in Pinas?