Aug 2013
    Tubig nalang

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Toniboy View Post
    Tubig nalang

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Next thing you know, someone else would say water is bad for your health.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Water is the best talaga

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how about this one....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Diabetes ang kalabasan... eat fruits, don't drink it.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ealth-science/

Science is finding more health benefits from blueberries—but raising more concerns about fruit juice. According to a new study by Harvard University researchers, eating whole fruits helps ward off diabetes, while drinking juice can actually raise the risk of developing the disease.

Blueberries had the strongest effect on cutting diabetes risk, followed by grapes and apples, especially when three or more servings a week were eaten. A standard serving of blueberries was half a cup.

Prunes, pears, bananas, and grapefruit also helped lower diabetes risk, while the other fruits did not.

The difference is something called polyphenols, said study co-author Qi Sun, an assistant professor of nutrition at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health. Some of these plant-based chemical compounds—including anthocyanins, chlorogenic acid, and resveratrol, all powerful antioxidants—may help the body process glucose. Blueberries, grapes, and apples are all rich in these beneficial polyphenols.

Consumption of fruit juices—including apple, orange, and grapefruit—not only failed to deliver the same benefits as whole fruit but even appeared to raise the risk of diabetes. People who drank at least one serving a day of juice had a 21 percent higher risk of developing diabetes than those who did not.

There are a few possible reasons, said Sun.

"During juicing processes, some phytochemicals and dietary fiber are lost,” said Sun. And since fluids are more rapidly absorbed than solids, drinking juice brings on a “more rapid and more dramatic glucose and insulin response” than eating whole fruits.

“Participants often are not aware of how much sugar is added to the juices that they typically drink.” But, he added, “One can reasonably assume that juices with added sugar may be more strongly associated with diabetes risk.”
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 9th, 2013 at 01:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    ^even del monte pineapple?
    Yung unsweetened di mataas ang sugar, though may natural sugar pa rin ng pineapple.

The thing with smoothies and fruit juices pansinin nyo yung nilalagay na syrup sugar. Minsan mas marami pa yung matamis kaysa sa prutas. Minsan din pati mga milk Tea ang sakit na aa lalamunan nung sobrang tamis.

If you want fruit juice, do it yourself, bili ka ng juicer, wag nang lagyan ng asukal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by BratPAQ; October 24th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whenever I buy from smoothie stands, I ask them not to put syrup. Still, lots of sugar even without it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Whenever I buy from smoothie stands, I ask them not to put syrup. Still, lots of sugar even without it.
    Should be. Fruits have sugar in them already. Then after consuming a glassful, drink water .

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Well, if real fruit juices or smoothies are not that good for your health, what then if these are the artificially flavored fruit shakes powder??? These fruit shakes powder are being peddled all over the low-end income markets, as a "negosyong bayan".

A neighbor who sells these in front of their house during the hot season told me that she never drink this herself nor give them to her children. Because she noticed that flies and cockroaches don't feed on them, unlike real fruit juices. Talk about values...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014

diva nga mabuti sa katawan ang prutas, tapos ngayon delikado naman sa katawan ng tao ngayon..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12