New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the same therapeutic effects of the juice, drinking daily of green tea has the same effects and costs much much less as well.

Of course no one would be publishing and pushing that particular fact (on internet forums) since there is no profit in it for Goji juice promoters.

But since Goji juice works for you, good for you.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 23rd, 2009 at 01:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is really best to get information from the other side of the proverbial fence.

This is to balance out what seems to be a "miracle" product able to cure anything and everything that ails you.

http://goji.breathe.org/

Of course, if Goji juice works for you, then good for you.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013
    Kumusta na si Jun Kintanar ng Forever Living :D
    No idea. Di ko siya kilala e.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    So... your relatives are getting rich off of Goji, and we're supposed to believe their testimonials? That's a bit of a big leap of faith you're asking us to take.
    The only person I've mentioned so far who got rich off Goji is my sister's ex. I didn't mention any rich relative there. And no, I'm not asking anyone of you to take that hugeass leap of faith. Why would I ask anything of you, let alone faith, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013
    Instead of talking to Cora Co... I think we'd be more interested in seeing her medical history and actually talking to her doctor. What's his name, his license number and where does he work? A fair number of doctors actually log onto tsikot and can verify your mother's medical history with a few phone calls.
    My mom's only doctor is the one who helped her give birth to us. ^_^ I remember him as Dr. Calalang. He has his own hospital. I'm quite certain your doctor friends can find out his information as few doctors have their own hospitals.
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    it's a freaking fruit juice i drink calamansi juice everyday the pain is gone! i buy real calamansi from the grocery a small plastic bag of calamansi cost less than P20
    Then good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    For the same therapeutic effects of the juice, drinking daily of green tea has the same effects and costs much much less as well. Of course no one would be publishing and pushing that particular fact (on internet forums) since there is no profit in it for Goji juice promoters. But since Goji juice works for you, good for you.
    Well, there would be profit for green tea marketers, yeah? So they're free to publish and push said alleged fact. No one is stopping them, just as no one is stopping the Goji juice promoters. As you have mentioned it again, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    It is really best to get information from the other side of the proverbial fence. This is to balance out what seems to be a "miracle" product able to cure anything and everything that ails you. http://goji.breathe.org/ Of course, if Goji juice works for you, then good for you.
    Erm... wouldn't the other side of the proverbial fence be different from the side that started it all? Just stating. XD Again, as I have reiterated - it's rather unfair to dismiss something without trying it yourself or proving it to yourself otherwise. Why listen when you can think for yourself, yeah? If one is willing to listen to one side, one must be willing to listen to the other as well. It's only fair, and it's what I was looking for when I replied here.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    testimonials are too subjective. it's more credible to rely on clinical trials or independent testing. perhaps a scientific journal would be even better.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's the full name of the doctor that handled your "Tita's" case? And what's your Tita's name? I mixed her up with your mother, I didn't realize you were talking about two different people.

That's actually the proof we would like to look into.

It's one thing to sell health supplements.

It's quite another to make spectacular claims that cannot be supported by scientific study or verified as true.

I've seen relatives falling for claims of one "miracle" juice or another... only to quit buying after a few months, realizing it does nothing for them. And it's no joke to these people, who have to spend thousands a month on medicine just to stay alive.
    Last edited by niky; July 23rd, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin
    testimonials are too subjective. it's more credible to rely on clinical trials or independent testing. perhaps a scientific journal would be even better.
    I agree. However, which do we believe - the objectivity of science, or the words and experiences of those close to us who have tried a product or service? That's why commercials work - we hear testimonials from famous people and the "common" people attesting to the product or service. Appeal to emotion, stemming from testimonial, works better than appeal to logic.

A scientific journal would be better for an objective thinker. And while many profess to be objective, not everyone actually is. I myself have doubts on certain products and services, and I read reports and articles about them, but in the end, I draw a conclusion based on what I have experienced myself. I can only really say "Ah, it works" or "Nah, lying liar is lying" once I've tried myself.

What's the full name of the doctor that handled your "Tita's" case? And what's your Tita's name? I mixed her up with your mother, I didn't realize you were talking about two different people.

That's actually the proof we would like to look into.
    Ah, I understand. Mix-ups can be easy to make.

You are asking for proof, yeah? I suggest you call our house and ask for my mother. I've given more than enough personal information in a public forum, so if you wish to continue your investigation (and really, I don't mind), just call the landline.

It's one thing to sell health supplements.

It's quite another to make spectacular claims that cannot be supported by scientific study or verified as true.

I've seen relatives falling for claims of one "miracle" juice or another... only to quit buying after a few months, realizing it does nothing for them. And it's no joke to these people, who have to spend thousands a month on medicine just to stay alive.
    Again, I am not selling anything. -_-" Is it so hard to understand that I just wish to air a side that's never aired in this post for fairness? Read back - all of you just agreed with each other after the first post. Where's the discussion when you just posted one after the other to say "thanks for showing us the truth, you're right" in different words? So yes, this thread had died - but that has yet to stop me from airing a side when I think that it's quite untouched.

Also, nowhere did I claim anything scientific-wise - I just posted what happened to me, my Papa, my Tita, and my sister's ex. I even mentioned that I don't buy those claims because I prefer seeing for myself. As for verification, again, call my mother. Have a one-on-one with her - she's chatty.

Spending for our own health is never a joke. There's a reason the pharmaceutical companies earn a lot, yeah?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Goji juice? from FreeLife international? haaay laki pagod namin jan dati.

May nakita ako nyan sa servitek fairview for 2;+ each. member parin til now yung may-ari.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    again, it's a freaking fruit juice

the guy goes out of his way to defend a fruit juice

why the hell would anyone go out of his way to defend a fruit juice?!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    goji juice, mangosteen, jim's coffee, diabetrol, iridology, noni juice, redjuice, liveraide (insert any other overpriced 'no therapeutic claims' quack remedy in the market today), etc..... are some examples of proof that:

- a sucker is born every minute
    - the placebo effect
    - man's greed will always prevail over his compassion for his fellow man
    - celebrity endorsers are morons
    - some doctors have no scruples or principles by endorsing these products
    - etc, etc, etc.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If this goji juice is as good as it claims, why not go to hospitals, especially government run hospitals, and give the juice to the terminal patients and let them take it for a few months for free. Kung gumaling lahat ng mga patients dun e di naka libre na kayo sa mga marketing laway nyo.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
the REAL Truth about GOJI JUICE..tsk tsk...