New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery."

H. Jackson Brown Jr in his 21 Suggestions for Success... And that is number 1!!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    monogamy was invented to maintain social stability

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    continuation sa una ko pinost

countries with the highest divorce rates in the world: top 20

divorceratebycountry-1.jpg

HOW OFTEN DIVORCE TAKES PLACE IN THE U.S.

(This information was recalculated based of newly released divorce figures from the CDC for the year 2019. The true figures are likely higher, as the release only includes data from 44 reporting states)

11.) Every 42 seconds, there is one divorce in America, That equates to 86 divorces per hour, 2,046 divorces per day, 14,364 divorces per week, and 746,971 divorces per year.

12.) Every 16 seconds, there is a marriage in the U.S. That equates to 230 marriages per hour, 38,762 marriages per week and 2,015,603 per year.

13.) There are nearly 3 divorces in the time it takes for a couple to recite their wedding vows (2minutes)

14.) More than 172 divorces occur during your typical romantic comedy movie (2 hours).

15.) 430 divorces happen during the average wedding reception (5 hours).

16.) There are 5,975,768 divorces over the course of an average first marriage that ends in divorce (8 years).

17.) Over a 40 year period, 67 percent of first marriages terminate.

18.) Among all Americans 18 years of age or older, whether they have been married or not, 25 percent have gone through a marital split.

19) 15 percent of adult women in the United States are divorced or separated today, compared with less than one percent in 1920

20) The average first marriage that ends in divorce lasts about 8 years.

median duration of first marriages that end in divorce:

Males 7.8 years
    Females: 7.9 years

median duration of second marriages:

Males 7.3 years
    Females: 6.8 years

21) People wait an average of three years after a divorce to remarry (if they remarry at all).

22) In 2011, only 29 out of every 1000 of divorced or widowed women remarried

WHO IS GETTING DIVORCE, WHEN, AND WHY?

23) The average age for couples going through their first divorce is 30 years old.

24) 60 percent of all divorces involve individuals aged 25 to 39.

25) Wives are the ones who most often file for divorce at 66 percent on average. That figure has soared to nearly 75 percent in some years

hindi pa din tapos grabe kadetalyado ang datos.

asawahan pa more!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    monogamy is a social construct

monogamy was institutionalized because it's beneficial for society

monogamy stabilizes society -- reduces violence

Last edited by uls; March 22nd, 2022 at 09:07 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I really don't get jealous but one of the things I get jealous about are couples that met in their teens/first love and are happily married with children. I was a youtube short lang of a couple that met at 15 and 16 and now they have children na. I felt a pain in my heart

When I was younger I was specific with what I wanted and my timeline as an adult. Everything was on track until I reached my mid 20s when things began to spiral down and now I'm nowhere where I wanted to be!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I really don't get jealous but one of the things I get jealous about are couples that met in their teens/first love and are happily married with children. I was a youtube short lang of a couple that met at 15 and 16 and now they have children na. I felt a pain in my heart

When I was younger I was specific with what I wanted and my timeline as an adult. Everything was on track until I reached my mid 20s when things began to spiral down and now I'm nowhere where I wanted to be!
    if it's meant for you,
    it'll hit you like a kilogram of bricks,
    at a time when you won't expect it.

ang daming colleagues na na-ganyan.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    doc, what if madami naman nakilalang potential "meant for you" during the woman's teens and twenties pero binalewala

and now the woman is middle aged and wondering where that "meant for you" is
    Last edited by uls; August 5th, 2022 at 10:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    doc, what if madami naman nakilalang potential "meant for you" during the woman's teens and twenties pero binalewala

and now the woman is middle aged and wondering where that "meant for you" is
    maybe she hasn't been yet hit by enough bricks.

everyone has his/her own fate.
    let us not assume that others must follow our own version of fate.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 5th, 2022 at 11:19 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Me and wife were together since high school. Happily married for 23yrs now with 2 sons aged 22 and 19.
    Signature

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
on MARRIAGE