New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Good day.. do you have any idea if the catholic churches here in the philippines have centralized records of their documents? I just would like to know if for example I got married in Sto domingo church in QC, will Manila Cathedral in Intramuros also have a record?

I asked this because my girlfriend had just finished her annulment civilly.. and was suppose to undergo the process of church annulment, but we felt that what the church was asking for is kinda too much, not about the cost, but the requirements that they were asking..

That lead me thinking to IF, and i am hoping, the church does not have centralized records, then maybe we can get married in a different church?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Yes they have a centralized record.

I suggest not doing the church annulment. It is the most difficult thing to do. Mauubos lang oras niyo jan. Pari kausap niyo jan, hindi mga attorney.

I dont get the point of marrying her in a church in another location but same sect. Doing so is obviously against the teaching of that church (or in any religion for that matter) and you do not want to start your married life by cheating, right?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Garden or beach wedding with a priest will also be considered as church wedding right?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    Good day.. do you have any idea if the catholic churches here in the philippines have centralized records of their documents? I just would like to know if for example I got married in Sto domingo church in QC, will Manila Cathedral in Intramuros also have a record?

I asked this because my girlfriend had just finished her annulment civilly.. and was suppose to undergo the process of church annulment, but we felt that what the church was asking for is kinda too much, not about the cost, but the requirements that they were asking..

That lead me thinking to IF, and i am hoping, the church does not have centralized records, then maybe we can get married in a different church?
    you need to get the CERTIFICATE OF FINALITY from the court that renders as annulled the marriage of your gf.

the significance of the issuance of this certificate of finality is that, the office of the solicitor general (OSG) did not appeal to the court of appeals the decision of the regional trial court annuling your gf's marriage.

under the rules, the OSG has 10 days from receipt of the rtc decision to file an appeal or to file a motion for reconsideration.

if the OSG has filed an appeal or it has filed a motion for reconsideration, the decision annuling your gf's marriage has not attained finality. thus, she cannot marry yet.

if there is already a certificate of finality either because the OSG did not file an appeal or even if it filed but the decision of the rtc was upheld by the appellate court, you need not file an annulment with the church for you and your girlfriend to get married.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Garden or beach wedding with a priest will also be considered as church wedding right?
    that's right.
    but without the certificate of finality (i don't want to rain in your parade though), no local civil registrar in his right mind will issue a marriage license if to his knowledge there is a legal impediment between the parties to contract marriage.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *Juan Martinez

Thank you for the detailed reply.. but as confirmed by sir Lew on his previous post, churches have centralized records of their documents, thus evey marriage made will be documented.. I would like to clarify sir, you have mentioned that if we already have the certificate of finality, we no longer need to file annulment with the church, and we can get married. But will this cause any problem if we did decide to have a church wedding? I get the point of sir Lew with regards to this matter, but I also want to know if there will be any problems legally that could come up?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Wedding on a beach is a beach wedding. If in a garden, that is a garden wedding. Get the drift???

If both of you are Catholics, the Catholic church does not allow their priests to officiate a wedding outside of a church/chapel.

Might as well shift to another religion if you insist on a wedding with a religious ceremony (can be in a church or garden or beach)

Or pakasal na lang sa judge.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    *Juan Martinez

Thank you for the detailed reply.. but as confirmed by sir Lew on his previous post, churches have centralized records of their documents, thus evey marriage made will be documented.. I would like to clarify sir, you have mentioned that if we already have the certificate of finality, we no longer need to file annulment with the church, and we can get married. But will this cause any problem if we did decide to have a church wedding? I get the point of sir Lew with regards to this matter, but I also want to know if there will be any problems legally that could come up?
    AFAIK, the law doesnt care if your marriage is not annulled under the church. Ang mahalaga, annulled siya/ikaw sa ilalim ng batas ng Pilipinas.

BUT kung hindi ka annulled sa ilalim ng batas ng simbahan, hindi ka pwede pakasal uli sa kanila.

To summarize: Annulled sa ilalim ng batas ng Pilipinas pero hindi sa simbahan --> pwede pakasal uli pero hindi pwede sa same church/religion.

I get that you want a church wedding, but you have to face the reality na mahirap magpa-annul sa Catholic Church. Si Mega Star Sharon nga hindi ata umubra sa RC church eh. Santo Papa ang nag-aannul ng RC marriage.
    Last edited by Lew_Alcindor; June 18th, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Wedding on a beach is a beach wedding. If in a garden, that is a garden wedding. Get the drift???

If both of you are Catholics, the Catholic church does not allow their priests to officiate a wedding outside of a church/chapel.

Might as well shift to another religion if you insist on a wedding with a religious ceremony (can be in a church or garden or beach)

This is the same thing that my family told me. The Roman Catholic church does not allow weddings outside the Church/chapel.

Kaya yung mga beach and garden wedding, hindi Roman Catholic yan.

To summarize: Annulled sa ilalim ng batas ng Pilipinas pero hindi sa simbahan --> pwede pakasal uli pero hindi pwede sa same church/religion.

I get that you want a church wedding, but you have to face the reality na mahirap magpa-annul sa Catholic Church. Si Mega Star Sharon nga hindi ata umubra sa RC church eh. Santo Papa ang nag-aannul ng RC marriage.
    +1000

I went out with a guy who is annuled. My friends discouraged me because they said "hindi ka pwede pakasalan sa simbahan" I had no idea back then na iba pa ang annulment ng civil sa RC. When I asked him he said, napakahirap nga daw pa annul sa RC.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 18th, 2018 at 02:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Sorry, what i meant to say is will a beach or garden wedding be the same as church wedding in terms of the documents or whatever, since I thought wedding on a beach or garden is also facilitated by a priest, a catholic that is.. thanks for clearing that up..

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast