New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I agree with the earlier posts...

Just "temporarily" change religion to protestant and get married in a beach or garden... something Catholics cannot do.

Technically, Catholics are also technically not allowed to have Civil wedding... hence binabago nila religion ng lalaki para the marriage can take place.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I agree with the earlier posts...

Just "temporarily" change religion to protestant and get married in a beach or garden... something Catholics cannot do.

Technically, Catholics are also technically not allowed to have Civil wedding... hence binabago nila religion ng lalaki para the marriage can take place.
    Pero parang niloko mo lang faith mo at sarili mo

You should not compromise your religion just because you want a specific ceremony (beach, garden, underwater, sky or what have you)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    *Juan Martinez

Thank you for the detailed reply.. but as confirmed by sir Lew on his previous post, churches have centralized records of their documents, thus evey marriage made will be documented.. I would like to clarify sir, you have mentioned that if we already have the certificate of finality, we no longer need to file annulment with the church, and we can get married. But will this cause any problem if we did decide to have a church wedding? I get the point of sir Lew with regards to this matter, but I also want to know if there will be any problems legally that could come up?
    tama si kareem abdul -jabbar a.k.a. lew alcindor.

separation of church and state-- render unto cesar what are cesar's.

your gf needs to obtain annulment decree from the ecclesiastical tribunal of the roman catholic church before the two of you could walk in the aisle of the church and tie the knot.

but, if you can't wait that tedious process, why not go to the judge or the municipal mayor in your place? love isn't picky and marriage is no less holy because it wasn't solemnized by a priest. plus, you can choose wherever you want to get married-- beach or garden-- so long as it is within the territorial jurisdiction of the judge or mayor.

and, if i may add, priests, because many tend to sow their wild oats on the wayside, are endangered species. they are on the firing line now, and nobody wants within the proximity of that line.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    This is the same thing that my family told me. The Roman Catholic church does not allow weddings outside the Church/chapel.

Kaya yung mga beach and garden wedding, hindi Roman Catholic yan.

+1000

I went out with a guy who is annuled. My friends discouraged me because they said "hindi ka pwede pakasalan sa simbahan" I had no idea back then na iba pa ang annulment ng civil sa RC. When I asked him he said, napakahirap nga daw pa annul sa RC.
    Pwede wedding administered by a RC priest outside the church. Ate ko garden wedding eh, bayaw ko naman beach wedding ngayong July.

Papaalam ka lang sa parokya niyo para sa sched ng kasal.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Pwede wedding administered by a RC priest outside the church. Ate ko garden wedding eh, bayaw ko naman beach wedding ngayong July.

Papaalam ka lang sa parokya niyo para sa sched ng kasal.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    How did you get bishop approval for a garden wedding bro?

The discussion on the wedding forums is that this will only be allowed if the couple is physically incapable of getting married in a church.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    why not go to the judge or the municipal mayor in your place? love isn't picky and marriage is no less holy because it wasn't solemnized by a priest. plus, you can choose wherever you want to get married-- beach or garden-- so long as it is within the territorial jurisdiction of the judge or mayor.
    (Please correct me if the law has been updated)
    Judge cannot marry 2 Catholics... kaya sa marriage cert pinapalitan nila religion ng isa... wala naman issue as long as walang mag complain later.

Honestly, I've met a lot of people who changes their religion just to get married sa Judge/Mayor...

Is your marriage legal? | ABS-CBN News

"Well ang pinaka-importante sa buong mundo ay 'yung civil na kasal. Ang civil na kasal pinapakita mo iyan dahil may license ka. So 'yung church ceremony, ceremony lang 'yon except na nandun ka sa simbahan, maganda ang damit mo at may priest. It’s the same as a wedding before a judge. Except that if you want your marriage declared void, you have to do it in front of the judge and then you have to go to the Catholic Tribunal. Pero pag pina-annul mo na 'yung kasal mo sa judge, you can get married already. You just cannot get married in a simbahan again,” Legarda detailed at length.
    One more thing...

PEP SPECIAL REPORT PART I: Why the marriage of Kris Aquino and James Yap was declared null and void | PEP

In an exclusive interview with PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) and YES! magazine last February 3, Atty. Lapuz elaborated:

"Based on the records that we discovered, ahm, relating to the marriage of the parties... the solemnizing officer was a lady minister from a religious sect called [the] Holy Sacrament International Church.

"Holy Sacrament International Church is not a Roman Catholic sect.

"And based on the application for marriage license of the parties, it is stated there that both parties are Roman Catholic."

Article 35 Section 2 of the Family Code of the Philippines, issued as Executive Order No. 209 by Kris’s mom, former President Corazon Aquino, in July 1987, states that a marriage "solemnized by any person not legally authorized to perform marriages, unless such marriages were contracted with either or both parties believing in good faith that the solemnizing officer, had the legal authority to do so," shall be void from the beginning.

Atty. Lapuz continued, "Under the law, for a solemnizing officer coming from a religious sect, church, or other religious organizations, at least one of the parties should be a member of that religious sect.

"The marriage of Kris and James was solemnized by a lady minister of an obscure religious sect called Holy Sacrament International Church.

"None of the parties is a member of this religious sect, and thus, it was declared null and void."

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Judge cannot marry 2 Catholics... kaya sa marriage cert pinapalitan nila religion ng isa... wala naman issue as long as walang mag complain later.

Honestly, I've met a lot of people who changes their religion just to get married sa Judge/Mayor...

One more thing...

PEP SPECIAL REPORT PART I: Why the marriage of Kris Aquino and James Yap was declared null and void | PEP
    My wife and I are married under a judge. Both of us are RC. hehe

Walang batas na bawal magkasal judge/mayor etc. ng mga tao na may specific religious affiliations. Bawal sa Bill of rights yun ng Constituion, Freedom of Religion.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How did you get bishop approval for a garden wedding bro?

The discussion on the wedding forums is that this will only be allowed if the couple is physically incapable of getting married in a church.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ang sabi kais ni cathy "The Roman Catholic church does not allow weddings outside the Church/chapel.

Kaya yung mga beach and garden wedding, hindi Roman Catholic yan."

That is what I am debunking. But 2012 pa yun ha. Ewan kung papano nila nagawa yun but nangyari eh. Siguro dahil kakilala yung pari.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

One more thing...

the judge has the authority to solemnize marriages between catholics or any member of the same or different sect.

Art. 7.Marriage may be solemnized by:

(1) Any incumbent member of the judiciary within the court's jurisdiction;

(2) Any priest, rabbi, imam, or minister of any church or religious sect duly authorized by his church or religious sect and registered with the civil registrar general, acting within the limits of the written authority granted by his church or religious sect and provided that at least one of the contracting parties belongs to the solemnizing officer's church or religious sect;

(3) Any ship captain or airplane chief only in the case mentioned in Article 31;

(4) Any military commander of a unit to which a chaplain is assigned, in the absence of the latter, during a military operation, likewise only in the cases mentioned in Article 32;

(5) Any consul-general, consul or vice-consul in the case provided in Article 10. (56a)

Article. 8.The marriage shall be solemnized publicly in the chambers of the judge or in open court, in the church, chapel or temple, or in the office the consul-general, consul or vice-consul, as the case may be, and not elsewhere, except in cases of marriages contracted on the point of death or in remote places in accordance with Article 29 of this Code, or where both of the parties request the solemnizing officer in writing in which case the marriage may be solemnized at a house or place designated by them in a sworn statement to that effect. (57a)
    when a judge solemnizes marriages he does so not because he is a member of any sect but virtue of him being a judge. but, if the solemnizing officer is any one of those mentioned in no. 2 of article 7 of the family code, there is a requirement that --
    "at least one of the contracting parties belongs to the solemnizing officer's church or religious sect."

take note also that the place of marriage could be anywhere IF--

"both of the parties request the solemnizing officer in writing in which case the marriage may be solemnized at a house or place designated by them in a sworn statement to that effect. " (last sentence of article 8, FC)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Wedding on a beach is a beach wedding. If in a garden, that is a garden wedding. Get the drift???

If both of you are Catholics, the Catholic church does not allow their priests to officiate a wedding outside of a church/chapel.

Might as well shift to another religion if you insist on a wedding with a religious ceremony (can be in a church or garden or beach)

Or pakasal na lang sa judge.

O pakasal na lang kayo sa Las Vegas official din naman yun libre mo na lang close friends and family sa 1 week stay sa bellagio, kaysa mag engrande pa dito.

Total 2nd marriage na naman yan

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast