New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    wedding namin 3 yrs ago...almost 300k...for 150 guests...church then resort sa antipolo ang reception...callospa, if anyone here knows that place...simple but elegant ang dating

try to get resources from friends or relatives so you can maximize your budget...like in our case, we have a friend who works for volvo, and he was kind enough to lend us one of their cars as a bridal car (with driver pa ha!)and it was the newest model during that time (2005), i forgot the model ...it made our wedding look bongga than the actual cost of the entire wedding!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    it will cost as much as a decent 2nd hand sedan
    ang mahal naman magpakasal *sigh*

I live alone and on an average income. What if I have no parents to shoulder my expenses? Should I still try to aim for that 200-300k mark?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In December 2005 my then fiance and I got married for about Php100K. I guess I am lucky since she didn't feel the need to have an extravagant church wedding. We had a civil wedding and had two parties for close family and friends. We both had parents married in civil ceremonies and they stayed married until both our mothers became widowed so we decided to have a civil wedding as opposed to a church wedding, besides we know of too many people who spent too much on the dream chruch wedding only to end up in debt and separated or divorced. Figuring that it was better to save the money for our future rather than trying to impress people we probably will not see much anyways after the wedding.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    kami php70,000 lang...

kasama na lahat:
    • church
    • damit including entourage
    • invitation
    • souvenirs
    • flowers
    • bridal car
    • photo
    • 12 course buffet reception for 150 guests
    • cake
    • rings
    • etc...
    tubo pa kami, 1 sponsor pa lang gave us $1k plus plane fare to HK...

wag nyo na lang sana itanong kung how many years ago
    Last edited by slamtaz; September 27th, 2008 at 10:13 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    ang mahal naman magpakasal *sigh*

I live alone and on an average income. What if I have no parents to shoulder my expenses? Should I still try to aim for that 200-300k mark?
    depends on your bride. personally, kung tayo lang mga guys, kahit saan pwede, kahit sa Las Vegas seriously, if I had it my way, the money that we spent, sana pinang-around the world na lang namin.

but there is this thing about girls and marrying that we cant really understand. if our dream is to get inside a ferrari or any supercar and drive it like there's no tomorrow, their greatest dream is yun actual na andun sila sa wedding day mismo. maybe that's why hollywood wedding movies are always a hit kasi mas madaming female moviegoers

maybe you can talk to your girl and explain your side. but DON'T make compromises na bawiin na lang sa travel/others instead of spending lavishly sa wedding. your gf might hate you. mas importante pa sa kanila ang wedding day vs. around the world trip or even a brand new car or even a brand house & lot. trust me! learned it the hard way.

it's like your stepping into their dreams. i'm not saying they're bad but that's their dream then so be it na lang if they want it that much.

and also wag magtipid sa videographer/photographer, dapat at least 2 video cameras rolling + 2 photogs, para daw makuha iba't ibang angles at hindi lang isang point of view. somehow, it all made sense after the wedding and during reminiscing time.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i think you can get a decent 100K + wedding if you do it in a small church and a restaurant venue for reception. You can ask around for possible restaurants that offer wedding packages (or even not, basta kasya yung number of guests mo.. baka ilibre pa nila ung cake or something).

For wedding photographers/videographers (and for other suppliers as well), punta ka sa wedding fairs kasi they offer discounts and freebies there na hindi mo makukuha pag dumiretso ka sa offices nila. Yup get 2 photographers/videographers kasi pagdating sa preparation on the wedding day, tag-isa ang husband and groom na makukunan sa preps.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *double post*
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 29th, 2008 at 09:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Also, if your budget allows for it, try to get a back-up photographer to make the wedding shots more varied. While the main photographers are paid to concentrate on the newlyweds, the back-up can focus on the little-noticed things, such as the facial expressions and reactions of the guests.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 29th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ^ you can get your amateur photographer friends to do this for you for free.. there are lots of amateurs there who want to take a shot at photography ;) That's what we did hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    depends on your bride. personally, kung tayo lang mga guys, kahit saan pwede, kahit sa Las Vegas seriously, if I had it my way, the money that we spent, sana pinang-around the world na lang namin.

but there is this thing about girls and marrying that we cant really understand. if our dream is to get inside a ferrari or any supercar and drive it like there's no tomorrow, their greatest dream is yun actual na andun sila sa wedding day mismo. maybe that's why hollywood wedding movies are always a hit kasi mas madaming female moviegoers

maybe you can talk to your girl and explain your side. but DON'T make compromises na bawiin na lang sa travel/others instead of spending lavishly sa wedding. your gf might hate you. mas importante pa sa kanila ang wedding day vs. around the world trip or even a brand new car or even a brand house & lot. trust me! learned it the hard way.

it's like your stepping into their dreams. i'm not saying they're bad but that's their dream then so be it na lang if they want it that much.

and also wag magtipid sa videographer/photographer, dapat at least 2 video cameras rolling + 2 photogs, para daw makuha iba't ibang angles at hindi lang isang point of view. somehow, it all made sense after the wedding and during reminiscing time.

so true! di ko nga din ma-gets kung bakit kelangan napakaganda ng wedding. parang gusto ng mga babae eh bongga ang kasal nya. si wifey ko eh yun din hiling pati parents nya eh since nag-iisang anak na babae sya kaya pinagbigyan.... medyo malaki nagastos namin nun.... 400 - 500 siguro di ko na ma-compute since madaming petty expenses na di ko na summarized.

sa lalaki naman kasi ok lang kahit wala.... hehehehehehe! perahin na lang

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Budget from your Wedding expenses experience!