New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Obviously, their perception of "quality of life" is very low. If they aimed higher, I'm sure, the rest will follow.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    They don't mean it as a target. Methinks they use it to demarcate the poverty line and as an indicator of inflation. Yun nga lang madaya yung sa inflation kasi they often replace what the basic necessities contain.

I agree, having 1 breadwinner making 8k is not bad -- AFAIK it is just about (roughly) minimum wage in NCR, a salary rate that a lot of people don't even get!

It begs the question though of why have 3 kids while earning just 8k -- and why have only 1 breadwinner!?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Uhh, hello...

If you make 8K or less, STOP HUMPING!!!

Family of five my butt... Don't have the dough, don't have that much kids!
    hahaha

come to think of it... if a guy brings home only P8000 a month... and he still gets to hump the wifey... swerte nya!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Here's the website of this NSCB Press release:

http://www.nscb.gov.ph/pressreleases...SS1-02_Pov.asp

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    kaw naman bro... basic need din yang "humping eh...."
    dapat "YOU CAN HUMP, BUT YOU HAVE TO WITHDRAW...."
    No can do parin, pre-ejaculate. Zero humping dapat, unless may free condom w/ family planning seminar.

OT: How much nga ba minimum wage/day?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa metro manila nasa P350 yata ang minimum. dito sa tarlac, P270/day.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yang 8k na yan, net na ba yan?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    it doesnt mean that we cant fit P266 a day, nobody else could...

ako target ko P500k a month before kasal... so double work!
    Last edited by van_wilder; March 11th, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If you guys can't understand how 266/day will feed a family of five, it's because pulos kayo mga burgis na pa-internet-internet diyan!

Kidding aside, my wife and I decided to stop eating out everyday so we got some househelp. Dati kasi dalawa lang kami at wala kaming oras magluto so breakfast sa drive-through ng jollibug, lunch sa TOSH or sa jollibug ulit, dinner sa market market or sa jollibug ulit (yumayaman si jollibug...!)

Anyway since there's someone to cook meals now, napapadalas ang pagbili namin ng wet market goods, so I have some idea of how much those wet nasties cost.

Example (SM Supermarket prices):

1kg of galunggong - 120 petot
    1kg of rice - 20 petot
    kalabasa, eggplant, and okra - mga 30 petot

(as an aside, I don't understand why people buy galunggong, 120 petot per kilo siya, "the poor man's fish" when the so much better dalagang bukid is 160 petot per kilo)

Anyway assume nga na galunggong ang ulam at gagawing pakbet. Total of all of the above is only 170 petot. Masarap na yun at nutritious pa. It's the dinner of champions. Mapapakasya siguro yun sa isang buong araw..

Yun nga lang yung 266/day para sa food lang yun, tapos nakatira sila sa squatter area. Problema pa ang pamasahe papunta at pabalik sa trabaho, malaki din ang kain nun. Back when I commuted on the train (6 years ago when it wasn't crammed with baho orcs yet, to steal a famous phrase) i was spending like 150 per day on fare lang. If you're on 266/day talo ka na.

So actually the "266 peso man" is extremely vulnerable to loss of job, ANY kind of sickness (kahit yung 10 pesos na cold remedy mahal na sa kanila yun) and wala silang maipundar for their children's education. So talagang subsistence na existence lang talaga.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    Example (SM Supermarket prices):

1kg of galunggong - 120 petot
    1kg of rice - 20 petot
    kalabasa, eggplant, and okra - mga 30 petot

(as an aside, I don't understand why people buy galunggong, 120 petot per kilo siya, "the poor man's fish" when the so much better dalagang bukid is 160 petot per kilo)

Anyway assume nga na galunggong ang ulam at gagawing pakbet. Total of all of the above is only 170 petot. Masarap na yun at nutritious pa. It's the dinner of champions. Mapapakasya siguro yun sa isang buong araw..
    Does anybody ever go to a "palengke" anymore? How well would the SM prices compare with those in an open air market where you can haggle with the vendor? During Marcos' time, my Mom resisted buying from supermarkets like RFC and Fernando's which were both within walking distance, prefering the "palengke" at Zapote which is a jeepney ride away.

If we moved there today, I imagine my wife would go to the "palengke" rather than a supermarket. She'd probably even go straight to individual fishing boats if they're near enough like she did in Tacloban City.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 11th, 2007 at 10:29 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Breadwinner Needs P8K Monthly Income to Support a Family of 5