New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah i guess probably all of them are safe to use i.e. won't ruin your engine

it's just a bit suspicious to me that some of the lower-grade stuff from xteer and maybe zic don't have official API certification. maybe they just don't wanna pay for the expensive certification
    Zic motor oils are API certified, while their motorcycle oils are JASO certified.

API Engine Oil Licensing

https://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/4T_EV_LIST.pdf

That's the first thing I looked up about Zic before using it.

Do you know who's still not in the API list but continue to use the API Service Designations? Pertua.
    Last edited by oj88; January 7th, 2023 at 11:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Zic motor oils are API certified, while their motorcycle oils are JASO certified.

API Engine Oil Licensing

https://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/4T_EV_LIST.pdf

That's the first thing I looked up about Zic before using it.

Do you know who's still not in the API list but continue to use the API Service Designations? Pertua.

pertua is literally snake oil

check this out the SN version isn't on API's list but it says on the label "meets of requirements of API SN". deceptive word play technically doesn't claim to be api certified, it just meets the requirements, whatever that means

3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I've seen at least two billboards of Zic along C-5. Wow may budget
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20231001_003508.jpg  

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    I've seen at least two billboards of Zic along C-5. Wow may budget
    Yung Zic mag office malapit sa amin. Sa may Scout Castor. May discoint yata pag bibili ka sa office nila diretso.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Baka naman yung ibig niya sabihin ay "feeling niya, malabnaw/manipis yung ZIC" regardless of the viscosity rating on the label.

Two of my owner's manuals indicate 0W-20 as the preferred lubricant for each vehicle, but never ko ito sinunod. I also feel that its "too thin" to use dito sa klima ng `Pinas.

Its not that I know better than the engineers who built them, but I'm inclined to give more priority to engine protection over the extra fuel efficiency with such light oils.
    Oil change is actually more fuel efficient New vs Old sabi nitong video from korea (use subtitle and translation)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hMKyAQHUI&t=111s

Yes legit po ung ZIC unang search gamit Korean language un labas hindi kagaya sa Oil filters VIC made in japan daw hahaha.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Zic engine oil