New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Here'e the effect of using petron super unleaded E10 on my 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0turbo.... the mechanic at Hyundai Commonwealth said the "pak-pak-pak" sound was "fuel knock". That seems logical since that never happend when i was still using Blaze. I'm gonna fill up with blaze as soon as the tank's empty to see if the sound goes away.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhZ6vMjMtY"]YouTube- Genesis turbo clicking sound[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQjSV8T7Zs"]YouTube- Genesis Turbo knocking[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yung mga small players na hindi kilala ata wala pang halong ethanol

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mga small players wala pa e-10. dati xcs ako nag pa pa karga, ngayon sa mga small players nlng!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Please consult your manual, In toyota vehicles since 1979 models, there is a micro adjustment in the distributor for octane rating.

Quote Originally Posted by biglang_liko View Post
    Here'e the effect of using petron super unleaded E10 on my 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0turbo.... the mechanic at Hyundai Commonwealth said the "pak-pak-pak" sound was "fuel knock". That seems logical since that never happend when i was still using Blaze. I'm gonna fill up with blaze as soon as the tank's empty to see if the sound goes away.

YouTube- Genesis turbo clicking sound

YouTube- Genesis Turbo knocking

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hehehe, I think you have water in your tank. Have your suking mechanic drain your tank and replace filters. Then you may observe if the same thing happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    ^ i don't know exactly. i'm guessing it traps fuel vapors for the carb to use upon startup.

most taxis remove it, makes no difference to engine. when i removed the broken one, had to crank the engine 3 times before it fires up in the morn.

since the car's not mine, i went out and replaced the canister valve na rin... mahirap na masisi lalo na't sa in laws ko yun hahaha

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Share ko lang. Pinaayos ko carburetor ng Corolla 983 XE ko, pinalitan yung rubber plunger. SAbi ng mekaniko sa A&M dahil daw sa E10 fuel yun. (Napakargahan ko accidentally ng E10 kasi yung gas station na pinakargahan ko, walang sign na yung premium gas nila eh may halo nang ethanol.)

Ngayon sinasadya ko pa ang Jetti sa Macapagal para lang non-E10 ang maipakarga ko.

Babayaran kaya ni Migz Zubiri yung ginastos ko sa repair?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ You've been filling up ethanol for how many days ?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by biglang_liko View Post

YouTube- Genesis turbo clicking sound

YouTube- Genesis Turbo knocking
    Maybe because the blaze has a higher octane rating ( +98 ) than the super unleaded ( +93 ) ?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Try Unioil. Pure unleaded........

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Maybe because the blaze has a higher octane rating ( +98 ) than the super unleaded ( +93 ) ?
    My apologies guys, as it turns out the casa mechanic misdiagnosed the ticking as "fuel knock" when it was in fact later correctly diagnosed as "hydraulic valve-lifter lash" caused by using the wrong viscosity of oil (they used 15w-50 instead of 5w-40) and over-filling the oil. The casa corrected their mistake, and now the engine sounds good as new. But either way, i'm still having second thoughts about using e10 again, and will probably stick to pure gasoline coz I also noticed a drop in fuel efficiency using e10... I averaged 5.8km per liter on e10 vs 6.5km per liter on blaze on a 2.0 turbo.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Urgent! (can't find non-E10-gasoline)