New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir, wala po boost gauge ang shop..

By the way, may play ba ang shaft ba ng Turbo or is it fixed/steady talaga?
    Meron endplay and radial play ang turbo.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks, today I will ask the mechanic to clean and check the inlet and exhaust manifold.... whew... parang ako ang instructor ng mechanic..

Thanks guys sa mga tips, I will keep this post updated kung ok na ang paj ko.

Thanks thanks

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, check mo ang mga gasket nung manifolds and hoses leading pressure in and out of the engine for possible leak. Change the gasket para sigurado ka na talaga, anyway mura lang naman yan. i know someone who had the same problem like yours, parehong pareho talaga with all those symptoms, procedures and solutions he had resorted to, gumasto rin ng malaki, only to find out its the gasket of manifolds. UNBELIEVABLE?!!! YET ITS TRUE. Good Luck.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    then it's not the hose, the sound is so loud and more like a "wing" sound...

I remember my pajero was ok 3 weeks ago , then I had the turbo cleaned kasi it was clogged na kaya may knocking upon acceleration. Could it be dun din naka problema?

How can I diagnose it?
    Di kaya clogged up yang inter-cooler? Yung dumi sa loob ng turbo compressor ay naitulak sa intercooler? Mag resulta ito ng "turbo surging", malakas na tunog ng hangin. Suggestion ko ay ibaba ang inter-cooler at linisan ang airside (air fins).

Leaky connection between turbo-intercooler-engine ay isang source ng hissing sound.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Di kaya clogged up yang inter-cooler? Yung dumi sa loob ng turbo compressor ay naitulak sa intercooler? Mag resulta ito ng "turbo surging", malakas na tunog ng hangin. Suggestion ko ay ibaba ang inter-cooler at linisan ang airside (air fins).

Leaky connection between turbo-intercooler-engine ay isang source ng hissing sound.
    rule out na rin ang intercooler because we tested other intercooler but with same results...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    So far, we cleaned the manifold (inlet and exhaust), we used an egr, intercooler and a turbo from a friend, whom I thankful I was able to borrow the parts I needed for testing…

We found an unexplainable factor affecting the turbo…

The egr valve, if blocked, will cause the inlet hose to be very hard or full of pressure… results in the loud wheezing of turbo (maybe due to over pressure.. tama po ba?)

If the egr valve will be left open, knocking sound and black smoke appears upon rev, plus loss of power results…

Can anyone figure this out for me? Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    So far, we cleaned the manifold (inlet and exhaust), we used an egr, intercooler and a turbo from a friend, whom I thankful I was able to borrow the parts I needed for testing…

We found an unexplainable factor affecting the turbo…

The egr valve, if blocked, will cause the inlet hose to be very hard or full of pressure… results in the loud wheezing of turbo (maybe due to over pressure.. tama po ba?) I might be wrong but my opinion is as ff: 1. full exhaust gas pressure driving turbo charger to high rpm higher than required thus increasing boost air above normal. Mangyayari ito dahil sarado ang exhaust recirculation line (blocked egr valve). is EGR valve automatic control defective? 2. Too high exhaust gas driving pressure due to defective waste gate of the turbo charger (waste gate sticking or automatic control mechanism defective?).

If the egr valve will be left open, knocking sound and black smoke appears upon rev, plus loss of power results… IMHO this is normal kapag full open ang egr valve kasi dapat regulated ang amount ng exhaust gas na i-recirculate punta sa combustion chamber na hindi maka apekto ng good combustion. (Mga guru please correct me if I am wrong.

Can anyone figure this out for me? Thanks
    Please check:
    1. turbo charger waste gate & control mechanism (solenoid/vacuum, etc).
    2. EGR control (solenoid, etc).

Sana makatulong, Good luck po sir.

Ano po pala ang engine model ng pajero mo?
    Last edited by weisshorn; March 4th, 2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: additional text

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
TURBO Noise?? help