New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Power seem to be ok (i guess), but I'm not really that keen in assessing it (power).

"It is possible that the rotating components may be rubbing against the turbine and/or compressor housing/s" --- Will this worsen?
    Yes it will. And turbo failure will be very rapid if this is really the case.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    diagnosis is done... may sira ang turbo propeller... can anyone help me find a good turbo replacement or surplus? or is there other way to fix the propeller?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    diagnosis is done... may sira ang turbo propeller... can anyone help me find a good turbo replacement or surplus? or is there other way to fix the propeller?
    The turbine wheel cannot be repaired. You will need a turbo assembly. Banawe would be a good source of new and/or surplus turbos.

Question......... Your turbo failed after it was cleaned? This is something to think about. Hmmmm....

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Question......... Your turbo failed after it was cleaned? This is something to think about. Hmmmm.... [/COLOR]
    The mechanic told me he never touched the turbo. this is cause by wear and tear... either way, I need to get it fix or replace....

Some recommended to buy a surplus or replacement, other said just replace with the turbo kit (mas ok ba ito?).... Maayos po ba ito ng machince shop?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Naku po. Mali ang diagnosis... I replaced the turbo, may sound pa rin. We tried replacing the intercooler, bumaba ang sound... sakit na ulo ng mechanic, sakit na rin bulsa ko sa kakabayad ng check up. huhuhu

help anyone?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi peps,

i am also a newbie in this forum. FOR DUDEE please try to clean your inlet and exhaust manifold and try to check if there are any leaks on its gasket,try mu na rin icheck ang mga hoses. Please post the result if these procedures solve your problem or not., or if ok na ang ride mo what have you done to fix the problem?

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Naku po. Mali ang diagnosis... I replaced the turbo, may sound pa rin. We tried replacing the intercooler, bumaba ang sound... sakit na ulo ng mechanic, sakit na rin bulsa ko sa kakabayad ng check up. huhuhu

help anyone?
    How can that be wrong when you earlier said that "may sira ang propeller"?

Anyway, here are me thoughts:

1. The sound you're hearing may be normal.
    2. The 2nd hand turbo you got could be bad......you can return it for replacement.
    3. Your intercooler is blocked.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    How can that be wrong when you earlier said that "may sira ang propeller"?

Anyway, here are me thoughts:

1. The sound you're hearing may be normal.
    2. The 2nd hand turbo you got could be bad......you can return it for replacement.
    3. Your intercooler is blocked.
    The mechanic told me that the turbo is bad, and yes, I did install a used turbo.

I found a leak in the tube (i don't know what it's called), it is connected with the EGR (pero condemned na). Today, I will totally remove the egr and covered it my a plate to see if it makes any difference.

If it will not work, I will have look where I can borrow an intercooler, just to make sure before I would buy another one.

We had cleaned and washed the intercooler, we tested it by pushing air (using compressor), so far, dumadaan po. Tama po ba ang testing namin?

Hope this will fix it.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The mechanic told me that the turbo is bad, and yes, I did install a used turbo. Used turbo is fine as long as it is in good working order. Have you checked this 2nd turbo?

I found a leak in the tube (i don't know what it's called), it is connected with the EGR (pero condemned na). Today, I will totally remove the egr and covered it my a plate to see if it makes any difference. Ok.

If it will not work, I will have look where I can borrow an intercooler, just to make sure before I would buy another one. Ok.

We had cleaned and washed the intercooler, we tested it by pushing air (using compressor), so far, dumadaan po. Tama po ba ang testing namin? Mali. Air compressor supplies high pressure/low air volume. Air passing through the intercooler is low pressure/high volume. The correct way is to put boost gauges before and after the intercooler to measure pressure differential with the engine loaded. Alternative way is just to measure boost pressure between the intercooler's discharge and the engine's intake pipe at full load.

Hope this will fix it. Sana....

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir, wala po boost gauge ang shop..

By the way, may play ba ang shaft ba ng Turbo or is it fixed/steady talaga?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
TURBO Noise?? help