New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have an 03 Pajero FM, local... pag umabot ang rpm sa 2000,whether standby or running, there will be a loud sound coming from the intercooler, parang "wwwwiiiiinnnningggg...."...

I tried doing a some testing.. When I disconnected the suctioned (upper) hose of the intercooler, wala ang sound upon rev... Pag yun sa hose(lower) tinanggal then connected upper hose, may ingay pa rin.

Can anyone help? thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I have an 03 Pajero FM, local... pag umabot ang rpm sa 2000,whether standby or running, there will be a loud sound coming from the intercooler, parang "wwwwiiiiinnnningggg...."... Turbos do have this sound, but not so loud. If it is unusually loud, the turbo may have to be checked. This is an 18 year old car.... normal wear and tear.

I tried doing a some testing.. When I disconnected the suctioned (upper) hose of the intercooler, wala ang sound upon rev... Pag yun sa hose(lower) tinanggal then connected upper hose, may ingay pa rin.

Can anyone help? thanks

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Turbos do have this sound, but not so loud. If it is unusually loud, the turbo may have to be checked. This is an 18 year old car.... normal wear and tear.
    18 yr old car? medyo napaisip po ako dun sir. i thought it was a 2003 pajero.

btt, i agree with sir Dd, its a normal wear and tear. have your pajero thoroughly check at a specialized shop. dame naman replacements/surplus parts for that engine. and di naman din siguro ganun kamahal.

guess ko is a cracked tube/hose

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    18 yr old car? medyo napaisip po ako dun sir. i thought it was a 2003 pajero.

btt, i agree with sir Dd, its a normal wear and tear. have your pajero thoroughly check at a specialized shop. dame naman replacements/surplus parts for that engine. and di naman din siguro ganun kamahal.

guess ko is a cracked tube/hose
    2003 po ang pajero, it's a 7 year old pajero.

Pag may butas ang hose, bakit po may tunog?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post

its more of a whistling sound if hose ang butas

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    its more of a whistling sound if hose ang butas
    then it's not the hose, the sound is so loud and more like a "wing" sound...

I remember my pajero was ok 3 weeks ago , then I had the turbo cleaned kasi it was clogged na kaya may knocking upon acceleration. Could it be dun din naka problema?

How can I diagnose it?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    for now the only connection I get is that when I disconnect the hose of intercooler from the suction valve, nawawala ang problema (sound)... anybody encounter this prob?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Turbos really whine. It's normal. I'd advise getting a boost gauge (I have a Php500.00 unit on my Patrol).

Disconnecting that hose might not be allowing the turbo to work hence it won't whine.

A boost gauge will allow you to see if the turbo is making any pressure or not.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post

Sorry about the year Dudee.

You mentioned in your other post that this noise started right after you had your turbo cleaned. It is possible that the rotating components may be rubbing against the turbine and/or compressor housing/s. I suggest that you consult the workshop who cleaned your turbo.

Is power ok???

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sorry about the year Dudee.

You mentioned in your other post that this noise started right after you had your turbo cleaned. It is possible that the rotating components may be rubbing against the turbine and/or compressor housing/s. I suggest that you consult the workshop who cleaned your turbo.

Is power ok???
    Power seem to be ok (i guess), but I'm not really that keen in assessing it (power).

"It is possible that the rotating components may be rubbing against the turbine and/or compressor housing/s" --- Will this worsen?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
TURBO Noise?? help