New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    - since sa casa mo ipapagawa, IMO halos parang back to OEM specs yan in terms of performance and FC. Definitely a big improvement from the current state ng tsikot mo since kelangan nga ng top overhaul.
    you mean sir break in ko na naman ito?
    it serves us well for 11yrs... due for change oil pa naman sana yun sir...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nvidi.turion View Post
    since wala ako doon sir, hndi ko alam that my wife will brought it to casa... siguro magaling yung service supervisor don sir kasi napaniwala niya si mrs...
    Well this statement says a lot!!!!

Remember that dealers will do anything just so they can milk every hard earned depreciated peso out of your pocket. I wonder how they (the service advisor) made the conclusion that your Adventure is in need of a top overhaul???

I really smell a big stinking rat... Tell your wife to pull out the unit and wait for your arrival...

Oh and just like what the other posters above mentioned, take it to a mechanic who can do a compression test...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Well this statement says a lot!!!!

Remember that dealers will do anything just so they can milk every hard earned depreciated peso out of your pocket. I wonder how they (the service advisor) made the conclusion that your Adventure is in need of a top overhaul???

I really smell a big stinking rat... Tell your wife to pull out the unit and wait for your arrival...

Oh and just like what the other posters above mentioned, take it to a mechanic who can do a compression test...

too bad sir pero nagasimulan na daw nila...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Oh man...

Let's just hope for the best...

My 2 cents: If there's anything else the casa will ask your wife to have done on your car I strongly suggest to hold and await your arrival....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hindi ko na nga binusisi sir kasi na offend din yung mrs ko(initiative kasi niya yun)...
    kaya i just keep to myself, sayang tlga...
    i hope na lang na ok pagkagawa ng casa...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    saan casa yan para maavoid

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Top overhaul would be my next DIY as soon as i get that special tool from angeles....

Usually palit valve seal, grind valves and seats, clean head, head gasket as well as oil change...yung valve stem nga kung minsan di na pinapalitan ng iba.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks for sharing your insights. i find your response is one of the most appropriate. do you belong to a group? I am new here and not yet familiar on how to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    Top overhaul consists of changing piston rings, refacing or replacing valves, valve guides, replacing cylinder head gasket.

Piston rings will not have to be replaced if the oil consumption or compression problem is diagnosed from cylinder head parts such as valves or valve springs.

There is something called a general overhaul where in every part of the engine is taken out, inspected and or replaced.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    just had a chance to read this thread.

to the owner of the adventure, sir, you got money to burn. share mo naman.

p.s.
    i had bad experience with nissan casa * mantrade

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi. Regarding top overhaul:

May tagas ng langis sa ilalim ng makina. Maraming shop na pinatingnan ko at pare-pareho sinabi nila. Sa cylinder at gasket daw ang problema (posible rin sa valves).

Pina-engine wash ko at wala namang tagas sa ibang lugar.

Presyo sa Shell Meralco, Marikina:

Top Overhaul labor - 2800
    Machine Shop (cylinder refacing) - 5000
    Parts - ?

Mga 10k daw ang damage. Sakto lang ba to?

Magkano ba cylinder gasket? Replacement vs OEM?

TIA.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Top Overhaul...